LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoG13 View Post
    You guys need to pick more dates over 3 day weekends for us poor working folks! We road in July, way too hot and the main breakers for power at all blew! Rode Halloween weekend and it was perfect! I'm always ready to camp there, So count us in. If we firm up a date and approximate number of sites, I will call and see if they are willing to cut us a break on the rates...unless any of you are Walker River members, then all your guests will get a huge discount!
    We were there Halloween weekend as well. Hit patterson on Halloween day... Epic.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

i've done this ride, well, separate tips. we went from yerington to walker river resort. then another trip, hawthorne travelodge motel to mt patterson. have to ride on hwy for a bit, but its nevada side, not a big deal. bodie ghost town is almost along the way too

So can any one tell me a little about this ride. How many miles/hours? moderate/difficult?

Proficient Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by sierrahiker68 View Post
    So can any one tell me a little about this ride. How many miles/hours? moderate/difficult?
    This could be somewhat of a 4 seasons ride. It can be hot and dusty on the Nevada side in spots to several cool water crossings up rocky creeks with a 5 or 6k elevation climb to 11k ft. The weather can change and not uncommon for a thunder shower. Hopefully I timed it right and the snow level has dropped where we can clear the summit. Treking over the summit with snow can be a challenge as its above the tree line and there is not much to winch off of. If the trails are all clear it is easy driving with a few technical spots. The pace will be some what moderate due to the near 100 miles planed on Saturday. The Thursday, Friday runs will be hitting the area trails, mines and attractions . In the past we did this ride out of Bridgeport but moved for a larger campground and the intuition that we won't be having the snow pack we had last year. You can get an idea of it by viewing some of the pictures and drone video from that ride.
    Last edited by Ajb9; 01-24-2018 at 12:33 AM.

cool, thanks for the info.. we probably will go. its just a week after we get back from a couple weeks in Yellowstone/Tetons.. But that trip doesn't include the toy..

im planning on this trip. will be annoyingly dusty
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Maverick XC

Resv. Are made at walker river resort!

Quote Originally Posted by RagenR&B View Post
    We were there Halloween weekend as well. Hit patterson on Halloween day... Epic.

We met you guys at middle gate station just before that, we offered you a spot at our camp at sand mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pipelayer View Post
    We met you guys at middle gate station just before that, we offered you a spot at our camp at sand mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do remember. Thanks for the generous offer. Wish we could attend this ride. We'll be riding in Idaho that week. Barbara and I are looking forward to our next rendezvous!

Will plan to join yall at camp but any ideas where to boondock close by? i got my camper so that I can boon dock, not pay to park it, im a cheapass lol.
    anyone boondock close by
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Maverick XC

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast