LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    I’ve decided to try something a little different this year. Ajb9 has agreed to lead half of the group in one direction and I’ll lead the other half in the other direction. Meet in the middle for lunch, then continue on with our respective groups. Does anyone have some input on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good to me, whatever you want to do Jeff is good with me, I’m planning on camp and ride.

Is it going to be kind of like the big figure 8 we did last year, I like that long sand climb we did last year.

That's a really good idea! I know last year it was a very large group.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pipelayer View Post
    I’ve decided to try something a little different this year. Ajb9 has agreed to lead half of the group in one direction and I’ll lead the other half in the other direction. Meet in the middle for lunch, then continue on with our respective groups. Does anyone have some input on this.

It's your ride so you can do it how you think will be the best , but to me it's turning one ride into two different rides !!

We did this both days last year at Boca, it definitely two separate rides, but was nice that we met up for lunch both days, also worked out having small groups.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    We did this both days last year at Boca, it definitely two separate rides, but was nice that we met up for lunch both days, also worked out having small groups.

But you guys started at two different camp grounds didn't you !! Don't get me wrong they can do what they think is the best !!

It’s not for sure, I just want some more input. Last year, there was around 30 cars, would two faster groups be better or worse? Do we give it a try? How about some more input.

It’s not for sure, I just want some more input. Last year, there was around 30 cars, would two faster groups be better or worse? Do we give it a try? How about some more input.

We had 33 to start with to be exact. We may be even larger this year. A couple of years ago, a guy did a fund raiser and had a very large ride. If I remember correctly, he said BLM told anything over 40 he needed a permit. So in his case, to get around it, he split the ride in three, by having different start times. The people who went still said they had had a blast. I understand in your case you are not looking at different start times but different directions. Just some thought.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think the ride was awesome last year with 30+. I also see the benefit to "smaller/faster" groups. Easier to keep track of everyone and the front of the group won't be waiting as long for the back of the group... Either way I'm here to ride!

I know when we snowmobile, we always break up the larger groups. We try and keep it under 7 a group. We usually have a meet spot for lunch, then break off again in our group. This also helps keep everyone in there comfort zone.
    Laughing is the best medicine, but if you laugh without any reason, you need medicine!

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast