LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It was a pretty tough stick , maybe Manzanita , when I pulled the wheel and took it out , it wasn’t so tough anymore just all chewed up, if it happens again I’ll probably take the time to cut it out.

I as well went with 15" rims to not have to deal with this issue. It is amazing how soft the rim material is, seen a lot of pics of them eaten up by foreign objects.
    MINE:
    2017 Maverick X3 X rs TURBO R Gold & Red
    WIFES:
    2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX Limited
    www.dstechnologiesllc.net/utvmods4u/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    It was a pretty tough stick , maybe Manzanita , when I pulled the wheel and took it out , it wasn’t so tough anymore just all chewed up, if it happens again I’ll probably take the time to cut it out.
    Yeah, Manzanita is one very tough, hard wood so that wood(sp) make sense.

Sounds like grooves in the inside of the rim is pretty common, the rims are thin, hoping they will be okay for a few more rides, my tires still have a lot of tread left, and if I get 15” wheel that means new tires too, going to try and make it last till tax time.

Proficient Driver
    Carry some JB weld with you and run it.. those rims are thicker that you would think but I have seen many that have trapped a rock, cracked and caused a leak... remember on our Verdi run Kevin repaired one with JB weld and it surprisingly has held up well, in fact he is still running it.. not something I personally would think of, but its testimony of strong that stuff is. I would be willing to bet there are many others with rims scraped up in worse shape that are continuing to get more use out it until they can get a new set... besides more damage is inevitable!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajb9 View Post
    Carry some JB weld with you and run it.. those rims are thicker that you would think but I have seen many that have trapped a rock, cracked and caused a leak... remember on our Verdi run Kevin repaired one with JB weld and it surprisingly has held up well, in fact he is still running it.. not something I personally would think of, but its testimony of strong that stuff is. I would be willing to bet there are many others with rims scraped up in worse shape that are continuing to get more use out it until they can get a new set... besides more damage is inevitable!
    Yeah Alan, I bought some JB weld when I got home from that trip, just for that reason, when his broke I was looking at it, and it didn’t look to thick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12