LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Radios

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    We just saw a guy at Sand Mountain that use the I pad mount on X3 and a universal radio mount and mounted the radio up there . I know the mount they make for the X3 kind of sucks to get to !!
    It would be better if I had the Bluetooth and helmet: headphone kit so I could hear it better, I’ve seen that setup your talking about too, looks good I just don’t have a tablet yet.

I have a Bluetooth helmet will the Bluetooth rugged radio adapter that helmet or do I need to buy the whole kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lainracing View Post
    I have a Bluetooth helmet will the Bluetooth rugged radio adapter that helmet or do I need to buy the whole kit

I don't know if the Bilt helmet would work with the radio! Would be cool though, last time I was out, hit about a 3' jump , and the fire extinguisher came loose from the cage and hit me in the back of the head, broke my helmet, so now got to get a new one, if it does work I would buy another one of those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll have to research

We for the post part don't wear helmets but there is a couple of places we have to wear them so we are going to get the "Simpson OTW Shorty Helmet" so we can still use our headsets !!

https://www.ruggedradios.com/index.p...oducts_id=1961

That's a thought

I am also thinking about a 60watt radio before going to quartzite. I am thinking this one RM-60 VHF 60-Watt Car-to-Car Kit. Don what is the cost of this set up?

Proficient Driver
    honestly I am going on my 3rd shorted out radio and now have to replace a ppt that I just replaced...I think thats the problem'...so when ever I have radio issues I always go back to the hand held with a helmet kit... it seems to be the most reliable and can hook it to my belt. so no need to unhook stuff to get in and out. worked great on my snowmobile... yea the reach isn't the best but not bad with the upgrade antenna and I can hear just about everyone. Something like that would be a good place to start Bob, it will always be an inexpensive extra buddy radio should you ever upgrade.

Thanks Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to wait and see what deals rugged radio put out for the holidays. Still have my hand held for now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast