LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Radios

Radios

Looking to get a radio to be able to communicate with everyone what's the best bang of the buck ? Don't need anything fancy and like wearing my helmets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 50watt that works fine, but if I was going to buy one right now I would get the 60watt Rugged radio, then you got to decide if you want the Bluetooth with helmet headphones kits, that’s where it starts getting expensive, right now I get buy with just the radio with mic, but I would like to upgrade to Bluetooth helmet kit.

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    LBR and I have Bluetooth. We can listen to our Heavy Metal and not intrude on others Classical. Lol

Sent from BLR Logistics
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Quote Originally Posted by lainracing View Post
    Looking to get a radio to be able to communicate with everyone what's the best bang of the buck ? Don't need anything fancy and like wearing my helmets.
    Your cost options really effect the range of your radio. If you just want to talk with the group in the 1 mile range, you can get my with a handheld setup. Then the 25, 50, 60, watt setups extend the range and can offer more permanent mounting options. I am a dealer for Rugged as well as PCI. Let me know if I can help. I will throw in a free helmet kit ($99) with your purchase as well, regardless of what option you choose. Later, Don

UTV Mods 4 U
    www.utvmods4u.com
    541-733-8887
    MINE:
    2017 Maverick X3 X rs TURBO R Gold & Red
    WIFES:
    2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX Limited
    www.dstechnologiesllc.net/utvmods4u/

Proficient Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by lainracing View Post

I have had a 50watt and a 60watt , I would recommend a 60watt . I think a hand held is better the nothing but the 50 or 60 watt are the best way to go , on many of our rides we get strung out for miles and we have had a few people with hand held radios near the rear and we couldn't hear them when they had problems .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    I have a 50watt that works fine, but if I was going to buy one right now I would get the 60watt Rugged radio, then you got to decide if you want the Bluetooth with helmet headphones kits, that’s where it starts getting expensive, right now I get buy with just the radio with mic, but I would like to upgrade to Bluetooth helmet kit.

I have both and like the 60 watt better !! I think it is even cost less then the 50 watt !!

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Toy View Post
    I have had a 50watt and a 60watt , I would recommend a 60watt . I think a hand held is better the nothing but the 50 or 60 watt are the best way to go , on many of our rides we get strung out for miles and we have had a few people with hand held radios near the rear and we couldn't hear them when they had problems .

We have also experienced the same problem with the hand helds !!

The good part is that it's just plug and play as you get more options !!

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    I have both and like the 60 watt better !! I think it is even cost less then the 50 watt !!
    I've seen some good deals from Rugged on 60watt systems, I'm thinking of getting a 60watt , and installing my 50watt in my trailer as a base station, for me reason is I can mount the 60 watt in my dash, but not the 50

I've seen some good deals from Rugged on 60watt systems, I'm thinking of getting a 60watt , and installing my 50watt in my trailer as a base station, for me reason is I can mount the 60 watt in my dash, but not the 50

We just saw a guy at Sand Mountain that use the I pad mount on X3 and a universal radio mount and mounted the radio up there . I know the mount they make for the X3 kind of sucks to get to !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast