LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
    Crackerjack Driver Controlled Force's Avatar

Strange internet notification

So can somebody please explain to me how this happened since I'm not all that great with computers..

I was searching for some trailer tires on eBay I was getting some prices together and then I get a notification from Amazon a few days later stating you recently viewed these tires and it had a price and time of date when they could be shipped to me and in another notification it said these tires will not fit my car that stated the year make and model my question is how in the hell did they know what kind of car I have and what I look at on eBay?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Have you searched for part on there before?. Cuz sometimes it saves the year , make and model of the car/ trailer you were looking parts for. And if you had them on your cart it will keep you updated if prizes changes or things like the.... or government is just spying on you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No nothing on Amazon that's what stumps me

Pray the government big brother is always watching LOL

Cuz i know whem am searching something up, and go to a different web site the pop up ads show the exact same thing i was looking at and on different webs sites as well.
    I feel bad for them id they watching what am watching!!

It seems like everytime I do a search for something for the next week or so I keep getting pop ups advertising it !!

Quote Originally Posted by Liftedsilverado View Post
    Have you searched for part on there before?. Cuz sometimes it saves the year , make and model of the car/ trailer you were looking parts for. And if you had them on your cart it will keep you updated if prizes changes or things like the.... or government is just spying on you!!

Ben.....This is most likely the reason....and when you do searches and shopping, those websites can install tracking "cookies" onto your computer...so the next time you hit that website, it can lead you to what you scoped out on the last visit.

You can clear all of your computer's cookies, plus more, in the browser settings. FYI, if you have "taught" your computer to save passwords, if you check that box while clearing cookies, the passwords will vaporize too....ask me how I know...lol