LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bumbling Driver

BITD Vegas to Reno

Hopefully this is the correct to post. I am wanting to ride out and hit a few good vantage points for the Vegas to Reno race coming up August 18th.

Anyone know some good places to ride out in the desert and watch or are my better places to watch from a non-remote location where I can simply drive a vehicle?

Thanks in advance,

John Brooks

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    We are hoping to make it down there, but if we do we will just be close to the finish line.. but I wonder about somewhere off of Hwy 95 or when they cross Hwy 95.
    We are heading down for Lucas Short Course racing Wild West Motorsports park in Sparks the following weekend

Sent from BLR Logistics
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Would be cool if you could get up on a hill and watch them come through the valley.

Bumbling Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    We are hoping to make it down there, but if we do we will just be close to the finish line.. but I wonder about somewhere off of Hwy 95 or when they cross Hwy 95.
    We are heading down for Lucas Short Course racing Wild West Motorsports park in Sparks the following weekend

Sent from BLR Logistics
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    Would be cool if you could get up on a hill and watch them come through the valley.
    Either one of these options sound great to me...just have no clue where to go.

I can't seem to find the course route anywhere.

John B.

Yeah would definitely have to know where the course goes, maybe they don't give that out till race day? So people aren't pre-running the course.
    I don't even know where the finish is.

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    Either one of these options sound great to me...just have no clue where to go.

I can't seem to find the course route anywhere.

John B.
    They release the map 7 days prior to the race.
    You can go to the BITD website at that time and downlaod

Sent from BLR Logistics
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Bumbling Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    They release the map 7 days prior to the race.
    You can go to the BITD website at that time and downlaod

Sent from BLR Logistics
    Thank you sir. I checked this past weekend and they are up. I'm trying to figure how to get the Garmin files onto my Rhino650 and use that along with my Samsung Tab A to do some viewing Friday.

JB

Bumbling Driver
    It looks like they are coming out the Pony Express Trail from 95 to 95A then following 95A south for a bit before cutting back into the desert and working their way down to Churchill Canyon Trail over to Como Ghost Town Trail up to and ending in Dayton.

Anyone interested in doing some riding (mainly showing me around) and desert race watching please let me know. I'm looking at either going in from the Dayton side or in from Churchill Station Trail north of Wabuska and see what I can find.

Thanks,

JB

Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    Thank you sir. I checked this past weekend and they are up. I'm trying to figure how to get the Garmin files onto my Rhino650 and use that along with my Samsung Tab A to do some viewing Friday.

JB
    BLR is always here to help with planning of many rides....she, fastpat, and the rest of the UTV Crazy ladies keep us guys focused.

Bumbling Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    BLR is always here to help with planning of many rides....she, fastpat, and the rest of the UTV Crazy ladies keep us guys focused.
    My apologies, I should have looked at profile before assuming Sir.

JB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast