LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kernville, CA

Kernville, CA

I just got an invitation to a cousin's wedding in Kernville, CA. Well, not really a wedding, more of a celebration, with camping, rafting, hiking, eating, etc. The invite included reviews of the best RV parks in town.

My question is, can I get my 39 foot hauler up Highway 155 to Kernville, from Highway 99 in the vicinity of Delano? Anyone familiar with the road? Keith and Niecha, maybe?

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    I just got an invitation to a cousin's wedding in Kernville, CA. Well, not really a wedding, more of a celebration, with camping, rafting, hiking, eating, etc. The invite included reviews of the best RV parks in town.

My question is, can I get my 39 foot hauler up Highway 155 to Kernville, from Highway 99 in the vicinity of Delano? Anyone familiar with the road? Keith and Niecha, maybe?
    Excellent question since many of us have these "Small Homes" I don't like freeways and always looking for the outback areas

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

I haven't been out that way yet but I do know a few people down here to ask, I'll have Niecha ask some of her coworkers and let you know what I find out

I think down here everyone goes down to Bakersfield and goes up 178, supposed to be a better road

Quote Originally Posted by KNB View Post
    I think down here everyone goes down to Bakersfield and goes up 178, supposed to be a better road
    Thanks, Keith. That's exactly what my cousin said.

I remember a girl Niecha works with her parents came across that way with a small travel trailer and said they wouldn't do it again, said the road was real narrow and a lot of tight curves

imagejpeg_0.jpg
    We have to pick our route a lot more careful than we used to too

I just looked on the map.. Lance and I have taken 178 from Ridgecrest into Bakersfield with our old setup, and we have made comments several times since then. "Sure glad we did this drive with the old setup cause not sure we would make it with our NEW setup." It was a beautiful drivewith all the wildflowers blooming

Don't Run Out Of Talent

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I just looked on the map.. Lance and I have taken 178 from Ridgecrest into Bakersfield with our old setup, and we have made comments several times since then. "Sure glad we did this drive with the old setup cause not sure we would make it with our NEW setup." It was a beautiful drivewith all the wildflowers blooming

Thanks, Barb. That clinched it for us. Truck + Beast (at about 8 mpg) + RV park = $400 and 15 hours total drive time. Car + room on the river = $350 and 11 hours total driving time.

Thanks, Barb. That clinched it for us. Truck + Beast (at about 8 mpg) + RV park = $400 and 15 hours total drive time. Car + room on the river = $350 and 11 hours total driving time.
    It is a beautiful drive.. with lots of pullouts but not near long enough to get TV and trailer off the road

Don't Run Out Of Talent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast