LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tow trailer

Tow trailer

Does anyone tow a trailer behind you UTV out on the trails when you go camping or hunting ?

I have never done it but interested in what people who have to say .

I have done it. Check out these images: http://bruteforcetech.com/dirt/2008-...ots/index.html

My advice on the subject:
    1. Don't use a Harbor Freight trailer. Use a good quality one that is designed for off-roading.
    2. Don't use a dump-style one that will repeatedly smack a lot of weight on the tongue right where it is weak due to the dump pin.
    3. Do some google searches first to find out whether your ORV has a reputation for weak hitches. I snapped the hitch off of the grizzly, and we had to move the ball to the Brute Force to finish the trip.
    4. Don't put anything remotely fragile in the trailer. After a 50 mile trip on rocky dirt roads, our food was mush, and despite being in the center of a rolled-up sleeping bag, the cap vibrated off of a Mike's Hard Lemonade and soaked the sleeping bag.

In my opinion, you are better off strapping stuff into the UTV bed, to your roof, to your front rack if you have one, whatever you need to do rather than tow a trailer.

10658735_717921501607443_3249157022190356805_o.jpg
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    ----------------------------------------------------
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S (Now Deceased)
    2016 Yamaha Grizzly 700

I agree supply's in a trailer take a beating,a trailer with a torsion axle set up rides a lot smother.

I have seem people with trailers and they were happy . I tried it a couple of times but it was more trouble then it was worth to me .

I have a very small one that I have towed a couple of times , don't think the rzr liked it.

Newbie Driver
    You mean don't use trailers like these? These were taken during a 285 mile trip over the Magruder Corridor which is an undeveloped rock road with very little of it graveled. We had no trailer failures, the only issue was the hitch on a 1995 Polaris atv. No issues with the RZRs. IMG_1425.jpgIMG_1530.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 39hotrod View Post
    You mean don't use trailers like these? These were taken during a 285 mile trip over the Magruder Corridor which is an undeveloped rock road with very little of it graveled. We had no trailer failures, the only issue was the hitch on a 1995 Polaris atv. No issues with the RZRs. IMG_1425.jpgIMG_1530.jpg
    How long did you go for ?

Competent Driver
    Now that is some serious trailers.

I hope you were going for more then just a weekend .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast