LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Sand is what is hard on them...during UTV takeover I think 6 RZR'S blew belts..on one ride
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Sand is what is hard on them...during UTV takeover I think 6 RZR'S blew belts..on one ride
    I think a lot of it has to do with how people treat them. Also I think leaving the belt cover off in the sand to help keep the belt cool is eating the belts up ,just my opinion !!

Tenderfoot Driver
    Well I guess mine saved me some misery today.
    It is in the shop parked for winter, or until I take it to Ben in Feb. I had just slid the garage door down and turned to walk away before the door botttomed out.
    I heard a big bang, and went to the floor, I heard a big thump at the left rear tire.
    The tubular shaft that runs across the header beam that has the two springs on it failed. Actually, a bearing at the very end of the shaft had seized up. Over a period of years it sawed through the shaft. It finished sawing today. When it cut through it instantly released the spring tension on the failed side, and doubled it on the other. The cable that raises and lowers the door came loose, and whipped across the room like a martial arts device. The thump I heard was the cable smacking the tire. The door wound up with one side on the floor, and the other side 3 inches off the floor. In a genuine bound up tight position.
    $300 later it is all fixed.
    Glad I had the Rzr parked there.
    If this garage door arrangement sounds familiar take a bottle of WD-40 or 3in1 oil and locate those bearings and lubricate them once a year or so. They are at either end of the shaft the springs are on, in a sheet metal bracket that supports the spring shaft assembly, right next to the pulleys the lifting cables run on.
    This door assembly is 30 years old, I have never lubed those bearings before.
    I won't do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    I think a lot of it has to do with how people treat them. Also I think leaving the belt cover off in the sand to help keep the belt cool is eating the belts up ,just my opinion !!
    With the turbo do you have better belt cooling?.. That was one of the big differences in the Mavericks
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Quote Originally Posted by FBT View Post
    Well I guess mine saved me some misery today.
    It is in the shop parked for winter, or until I take it to Ben in Feb. I had just slid the garage door down and turned to walk away before the door botttomed out.
    I heard a big bang, and went to the floor, I heard a big thump at the left rear tire.
    The tubular shaft that runs across the header beam that has the two springs on it failed. Actually, a bearing at the very end of the shaft had seized up. Over a period of years it sawed through the shaft. It finished sawing today. When it cut through it instantly released the spring tension on the failed side, and doubled it on the other. The cable that raises and lowers the door came loose, and whipped across the room like a martial arts device. The thump I heard was the cable smacking the tire. The door wound up with one side on the floor, and the other side 3 inches off the floor. In a genuine bound up tight position.
    $300 later it is all fixed.
    Glad I had the Rzr parked there.
    If this garage door arrangement sounds familiar take a bottle of WD-40 or 3in1 oil and locate those bearings and lubricate them once a year or so. They are at either end of the shaft the springs are on, in a sheet metal bracket that supports the spring shaft assembly, right next to the pulleys the lifting cables run on.
    This door assembly is 30 years old, I have never lubed those bearings before.
    I won't do that again.
    We had that kinda happen to ours but not that bad...we caught it before it sent a flying torpedo
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    With the turbo do you have better belt cooling?.. That was one of the big differences in the Mavericks
    I'm not 100% sure if they made the cooling better ,but they did put a thicker belt on it !!

I've been letting mine run a little , and rev it up a bit before I turn it off, to cool the clutch down some so the belt isn't stopped on the hot shives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    I've been letting mine run a little , and rev it up a bit before I turn it off, to cool the clutch down some so the belt isn't stopped on the hot shives.

Doing 2 things letting the belt and also the turbo cool... I see so many people just shut the machine down especially after a good run...
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Tranny bearing upgrade & new clutch.

That's gittin after it...looks like your on a roll now!

Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast