Ben, I know you know this being a qualified mechanic on these things, but for anyone else maybe you can learn from my mistake!

Oh, yeah, and you CAN NOT get this seal out of the case without pulling motor and splitting case, BELIEVE ME I tried, and yes, I started to damage the case. The "lip" on the seal has metal in it and is VERY stiff / rigid. Digging it out of the case is impossible IMO. Plus, basically I spent 2 hours trying to get the seal out and then spent another 2 hours just pulling the engine.

When you assemble and silicone the case halves back together (RED) be extra careful around the seal as there are oil passages (YELLOW) that allow the oil to drain back to case. This was the reason I had to do this repair. My seal wasn't bad, but when I reassembled engine from previous mods I got a little carried away with the silicone (yeah, more isn't always better) and I ended up plugging these oil drain passages. When I would start engine it essentially just pumped oil outward through the seal.