LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Proficient Driver
    If the BLM gets their way the cabin will be torn down. They shut the water off up at the spring so no kitchen or shower but we figured a way around it. Its just a nice spot to stage from. Stayed at Double Hot also but not near as nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepalive View Post
    I was wanting to check out somewhere around there, Stevens camp is a cool place that's the only area I've been up there and want to explore around more
    2018 CanAm X3 XRC

Proficient Driver
    So you have been through High rock canyon then?
    I was wanting to check out somewhere around there, Stevens camp is a cool place that's the only area I've been up there and want to explore around more
    2018 CanAm X3 XRC

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfreak View Post
    So you have been through High rock canyon then?
    Yes I have been through high rocks and went to some hot springs also but those were at night didn't see much

We may be interested before it gets hot. Maybe March or April. What month did you have in mind?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Are you looking at a place where we could also take a camp trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by motleyones View Post
    Are you looking at a place where we could also take a camp trailer?

Yeah I want to find somewhere we can all take our trailers to camp, so I don't want to take it to far off nice roads and I don't want to camp on the black rock as that playa dust is a pain to get off anything. I'm not to sure on a date just yet, I'd like it to be when we can get a good group to come up but if possible we could always do a few trips maybe it's a huge area with endless riding

Yeah I want to find somewhere we can all take our trailers to camp, so I don't want to take it to far off nice roads and I don't want to camp on the black rock as that playa dust is a pain to get off anything. I'm not to sure on a date just yet, I'd like it to be when we can get a good group to come up but if possible we could always do a few trips maybe it's a huge area with endless riding
    👍

I led a 150+ mile loop a couple of years back with EPL and Fast Pat. We stayed in Vya, headed South on Hwy34, to the South entrance of High Rock Canyon, out the North end to Stevens Camp, Massacre Ranch, and back to Vya. The canyon is usually closed from Feb 1st to the second week in May. That's when it could be either real hot or get snowed on.

Have logged about 11,000 miles in the Black Rock Desert over the past 12 years and still have yet to see it all.

I've been looking at this area also for years. I have never been up there and lived in Northern Nevada all my 45 years essentially. My biggest concern from research and talking to others is the camp location and overall expanse of the place. To get very far up there to a good camp is 30+ miles on dirt / dusty road. And I really would like to avoid camping on the moon-dust of the lake bed. And because the place is SOOOOOO BIG, a closed climate controlled vehicle more like a Jeep, or SUV is more suited. When you have to go 40+ miles one way in a dead straight line up the black rock gets kinda gets old in a UTV.
    2012 XP4
    Hybrid Z1 Swap
    Big Chute Turbo, Vipec, etc.
    Reno, NV.

Quote Originally Posted by motleyones View Post
    We may be interested before it gets hot. Maybe March or April. What month did you have in mind?

I would be interested in April . Not able to go in March because we will be on the March Madness ride !!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast