LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

4X4 Poker run at Weber Reservoir , NV

Hear is a ride everyone might like but for you guys in Reno , Fallon etc it's a day ride for you !!

Hear is the link to it on FB !!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Attached Images

I'm gonna check that out... sounds like fun..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does the WRPT give special permission for white people to drive UTV / ATV on tribal land for this? The Pyramid Paiute tribe STRICTLY prohibits it I know and would assume the Walker River Paiutes probably have similar or same regulations?
    2012 XP4
    Hybrid Z1 Swap
    Big Chute Turbo, Vipec, etc.
    Reno, NV.

The guy said that it was open to all 4 wheelers and SXS's and was sanctioned by the tribe as a fundraiser for their volunteer fire dept. not sure where you got your facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipelayer View Post
    not sure where you got your facts.

As I said, I'm referring to the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe and am only assuming the Walker Lake Paiute Tribe regulations are similar.

Section 1.18.8 Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Operation. No non-Tribal member may operate two, three, or four
    wheelers, or other recreational off-highway vehicles (ROHVs) within the boundaries of the Pyramid Lake Indian
    Reservation.

RECREATIONAL OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLES (ROHVs). Off-highway vehicles are defined as: 1) 4-wheel drive
    jeeps, automobiles, pickups or sport utility vehicles; 2) motorcycles designed for cross-country use; 3) all-terrain
    vehicles, better known as ATVs and 4) snowmobiles, and 5) other specially designed or modified off-road motor
    vehicles used for recreation.

If you'd like to read the full 26 pages of what white man CAN NOT do on tribal land its quite interesting - I have, and refuse to give them anymore money as they are HIGHLY discriminatory to us.

http://plpt.nsn.us/rangers/2015_0819FCBregsfinal.pdf
    2012 XP4
    Hybrid Z1 Swap
    Reno, NV.

So don't go

Quote Originally Posted by BDacus View Post
    So does the WRPT give special permission for white people to drive UTV / ATV on tribal land for this? The Pyramid Paiute tribe STRICTLY prohibits it I know and would assume the Walker River Paiutes probably have similar or same regulations?
    I don't know about around there but in Arizona the Indian tribe has the same kind of rules unless you have a permit and have to stay on specific roads and not just drive all over !! I think they just want MONEY so there is probably some kind of deal worked out for MONEY for a permit to ride there and more from the permits that everyone has to buy to be in it !! I have rode over in that area from Sand Mountain before , don'r know if i ever went on Indian land or not !!

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    I don't know about around there but in Arizona the Indian tribe has the same kind of rules unless you have a permit and have to stay on specific roads and not just drive all over !! I think they just want MONEY so there is probably some kind of deal worked out for MONEY for a permit to ride there and more from the permits that everyone has to buy to be in it !! I have rode over in that area from Sand Mountain before , don'r know if i ever went on Indian land or not !!
    Right on the flyer, it says that it's a fundraiser for a purpose on a specific route the man on the phone that I spoke to on the phone said that it was all organized through the tribe. If you haul your rig out there without permission and go riding, of course there would be consequences. That's not what this is, if I'm still a liar, he can call the number on the flyer.

Right on the flyer, it says that it's a fundraiser for a purpose on a specific route the man on the phone that I spoke to on the phone said that it was all organized through the tribe. If you haul your rig out there without permission and go riding, of course there would be consequences. That's not what this is, if I'm still a liar, he can call the number on the flyer.

It would appear that they have a permit to go on the tribe land !!

I would assume you are right as well with this event. I'm not trying to start an argument, I just think all should be informed what they are supporting, or not. When the flyer says, "Bring your WLPT Recreational Permit or WLPT Tribal ID" draws my attention. According to the PLPT even a permit does NOT give you permission to drive / ride an OHV ANYWHERE on tribal land. We have been at Pyramid Lake before and saw a dirtbike in the back of a truck at the beach. I talked to the owner and he said he was instructed when buying his Non Tribal permit he wasn't even allowed to unload it from his truck. ONLY licensed / plated vehicles are allowed to be used ANYWHERE on tribal land by Non Tribal Members.

And, yeah, I will NOT be going. I refuse to help support a tribe that continues to add restrictions for Non Tribal members.
    2012 XP4
    Hybrid Z1 Swap
    Reno, NV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast