LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Greenhorn Driver

Painting plaistic

Anyone ever taken a colored hood and paint it a different color ? Will the paint stay on or is there procedure that has to be taken for it to work ? I was thinking maybe using Krylon paint it is made for painting plastic. Any thoughts or comments.

unless you know how to paint plastic properly, dont do it. i tried it and the paint chipped. i said f it, i took to eatrl schieb, 230 and they did a good job, not the best. they didnt clear coat it, which i thnk they should of. i dune ride all the time and the paint has not scrapped off... till i did some trail riding. only time it chipped was when was bombared by rocks, and only got 3 chips, but from the there the pant came off.

I had a body shop for a long time never found anything that works good if it is going to get flexed much.

seems few have had good luck most dont i did a old quad and it held up great then tried another one and gave up paint wouldnt flow good at all.
    Dead man walking

Chauffeur Driver
    I had my plastics painted one time and will never do it again . If you do anything but play in the sand it doesn't hold up to flexing if you rub against anything .

I tried it once and didn't work out well .

Newbie Driver
    I have asked around about getting mine painted and was told by many that it wasn't going to hold up out on the trails.

Proficient Driver
    I had mine painted and so far it is doing ok . I haven't had it out on the trails yet .

Competent Driver
    I have seen many people that had there plastic painted and it looked great but they only went in the sand.

I've seen several guys color and black out their machines by painting the plastics with bedliner. When it gets scraped off, they just touch it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast