LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Thank you for everything, Don!....in the end, we will probably need to have FCC issue us a license rather than RR assigning us one. I personally want to see UTV Crazy compliant for our own, or just fall back on a preprogrammed in the Rugged Radio's like everyone does and cast it off as a super learning experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
    The ONLY frequencies unlicensed operators are allowed to transmit on the VHF band are the five in my post above.....and only at the listed deviation and a maximum of 2 watts power. MURS #1 is Jeepspeed. I'd use one of the other four channels with tone squelch enabled to help with garbage floating around on a public freq. Pot growers use MURS radios for perimeter alarms here.......

In my opinion since we all have been using RR frequency's for years with no fines or problems as long as the the one we get from RR ISN'T one that is being used by a Police or emergency service I don"t see where we would have a problem !! I highly doubt that any of the one's we have been using was issued by the FCC !! I don't think the FCC is out looking to fine a bunch of people out on a weekend ride unless we were inter fearing with some kind of emergency service !!

As I have said before, JeepSpeed is the only one we are allowed to use and is the only one we are guaranteed that public safety will not be using since it is for use by the general unlicensed public. Why not just use this one?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
    The ONLY frequencies unlicensed operators are allowed to transmit on the VHF band are the five in my post above.....and only at the listed deviation and a maximum of 2 watts power. MURS #1 is Jeepspeed. I'd use one of the other four channels with tone squelch enabled to help with garbage floating around on a public freq. Pot growers use MURS radios for perimeter alarms here.......
    I thought your recommendations were for one of the above five?? Now just one?? Well, I submitted your list of 5 it is now up to Rugged to decide. Sorry, best I can do....
    MINE:
    2017 Maverick X3 X rs TURBO R Gold & Red
    WIFES:
    2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX Limited
    www.dstechnologiesllc.net/utvmods4u/

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dog View Post
    I don't see any problem using a frequency from Rugged Radio all long as it isn't one that is used by a public safety .
    Bingo!...

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick4me View Post
    I thought your recommendations were for one of the above five?? Now just one?? Well, I submitted your list of 5 it is now up to Rugged to decide. Sorry, best I can do....

Thanks for all your help Don, you can only do what you can !! Do we need to change your forum name to X34me ?

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    Thanks for all your help Don, you can only do what you can !! Do we need to change your forum name to X34me ?
    You are welcome. I am in the process of obtaining a programing cable and software to update radios in the field.

Not a bad idea for name, but since the X3 is still a "Maverick", I will keep Maverick4me!
    MINE:
    WIFES:

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick4me View Post
    Yes any of those 5 are fine, but #1 is already in the standard program as JeepSpeed. If you want to use something other than what other Rugged owners use, one of the other 4 channels would be best. #'s 4 and 5 will sound better due to wider deviation.

Is there any update on getting our own channel for UTV crazy site ?

Yes, I am now an official Rugged Radio programmer. I have the cable and the software and will be programing our new channel at upcoming rides. Once we have officially decided on a channel, we will have Rugged add them to the programing at time of sale. Have we all come to an agreement on what to use??
    MINE:
    WIFES:

Tomorrow there supposed to have some good deals for Cyber Monday

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast