LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Here's a list of Oregon licensees also, with Douglas County (Winchester Bay) 911 using as an emergency channel...this is a Search, Rescue, Fire, 911 etc channel.

Washington state as well.

I echo what Crazy Cooter said....we will not be using it neither.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/d...ion=sf&stid=41

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post

I hate to keep being a PITA on this matter.........

I will be using whatever Lance (or Tony) plugs into my radio!

And Tony, you are not a PITA- well, at least not on this matter alone!

From my channel list, 155.160 is already in the OEM Rugged file. #12 or NARESC is 155.160, but no PL on trans/rec. This would be a good freq if you were lost and a search time was looking for you. A lifelight chopper also might also be able to communicate with us in the event that someone in our party needs a ride out someday. For this reason, I also have the three VHF CLEMARS channels programmed in my radios..... Pretty much any public service agency has the ability to switch one of those if there is a mutual aid operation. Maybe we should use one of those for our own private freq?

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post

I'll take that! The feeling is mutual though.......

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post

I'll take that! The feeling is mutual though.......

I wonder where all the feedback was regarding channels when all the crazies were sitting around the campfire asking for a channel.... Wait? Maybe some were have a few drinks! LOL!! Got to be specific or we get what they give. Please let me know exactly what to ask for and I will get it. I know that he said it would be in the range of 150-155. But if you frequency gurus can give a few options by looking at the current Rugged Radio frequency chart and let me know, I will make sure it will happen correct this time. Thanks.
    MINE:
    2017 Maverick X3 X rs TURBO R Gold & Red
    WIFES:
    2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX Limited
    www.dstechnologiesllc.net/utvmods4u/

Thank you for everything, Don!....in the end, we will probably need to have FCC issue us a license rather than RR assigning us one. I personally want to see UTV Crazy compliant for our own, or just fall back on a preprogrammed in the Rugged Radio's like everyone does and cast it off as a super learning experience.
    Last edited by LBR; 11-05-2016 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Speelng (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick4me View Post
    I wonder where all the feedback was regarding channels when all the crazies were sitting around the campfire asking for a channel.... Wait? Maybe some were have a few drinks! LOL!! Got to be specific or we get what they give. Please let me know exactly what to ask for and I will get it. I know that he said it would be in the range of 150-155. But if you frequency gurus can give a few options by looking at the current Rugged Radio frequency chart and let me know, I will make sure it will happen correct this time. Thanks.
    The ONLY frequencies unlicensed operators are allowed to transmit on the VHF band are the five in my post above.....and only at the listed deviation and a maximum of 2 watts power. MURS #1 is Jeepspeed. I'd use one of the other four channels with tone squelch enabled to help with garbage floating around on a public freq. Pot growers use MURS radios for perimeter alarms here.......

Proficient Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Thank you for everything, Don!....in the end, we will probably need to have FCC issue us a license rather than RR assigning us one. I personally want to see UTV Crazy compliant for our own, or just fall back on a preprogrammed in the Rugged Radio's like everyone does and cast it off as a super learning experience.
    I don't see any problem using a frequency from Rugged Radio all long as it isn't one that is used by a public safety .

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
    The ONLY frequencies unlicensed operators are allowed to transmit on the VHF band are the five in my post above.....and only at the listed deviation and a maximum of 2 watts power. MURS #1 is Jeepspeed. I'd use one of the other four channels with tone squelch enabled to help with garbage floating around on a public freq. Pot growers use MURS radios for perimeter alarms here.......
    Okay, so what you are advising is to request that one of the below following, preferably the 2-5, be programmed to utvcrazy channel. I will contact my Rep today.

Any further input needed please reply to this thread as soon as possible. Thanks, Don

We need to be using one of these with a PL tone:
    1 151.820 MHz 11.25 kHz N/A
    2 151.880 MHz 11.25 kHz N/A
    3 151.940 MHz 11.25 kHz N/A
    4 154.570 MHz 20.00 kHz Blue Dot
    5 154.600 MHz 20.00 kHz Green Dot
    MINE:
    2017 Maverick X3 X rs TURBO R Gold & Red
    WIFES:
    2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX Limited
    www.dstechnologiesllc.net/utvmods4u/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast