LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar

Rugged Radio & UTV Crazy

Want to send a huge Thank You to Don.. Maverick4me2 for doing the legwork and Rugged Radio for giving UTV Crazy our very own channel/frequency

Once Rugged gets us the channel number and how to program..We will keep everyone updated as we get information
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Want to send a huge Thank You to Don.. Maverick4me2 for doing the legwork and Rugged Radio for giving UTV Crazy our very own channel/frequency

Once Rugged gets us the channel number and how to program..We will keep everyone updated as we get information
    Thank you very much Don .

Thanks Don , this will be awesome we won't have to worry about others on the same channel !

A huge thank you, Don....this is a premier step for us Crazies!

You guys are welcome, lets give a huge shout out to Joe at Rugged Radios for making it happen as well! All radios (5 sets: 60watt/660+) that were ordered today will have the new channel programed into it. After a little training, we should be able to get all UTV Crazy Rugged Radio owners the added channel. Any and all who are at UTV Takeover we will try to get programed. See you there!
    MINE:
    2017 Maverick X3 X rs TURBO R Gold & Red
    WIFES:
    2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX Limited
    www.dstechnologiesllc.net/utvmods4u/

Sweet so when you order a new set up you just ask for that channel and it will come already programmed , I plan on getting a radio set up soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I believe that is correct. I believe that eventually they will be added at the production phase like all the other channels are. I did not request this to be a private add-on. Something to consider, but you never know how many Crazies will join in time!
    MINE:
    WIFES:

Okay, just opened up email confirmation:

UTVcrazy channel: 155.160 225.7 225.7

I'm sure you frequency knowledgeable people knows what the above means.
    MINE:
    WIFES:

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick4me View Post
    Okay, just opened up email confirmation:

UTVcrazy channel: 155.160 225.7 225.7

I'm sure you frequency knowledgeable people knows what the above means.
    Interesting that it is 155.160....

That is the same frequency as Rugged Radio's listed Channel 12 on Bank 1 and Channel 82 on Racer-X.....no biggy that it overlaps onto other usage of the same frequency.....happens all the time.

What I question is that this frequency is primarily designated for Search and Rescue activities, as stated in the Bank 1 and Racer-X of their 3/19/2014 VHF Mobile listing. I can also say it is used as THE Fire, Search, and Rescue for local governmental mutual aid in Lane County, Or.

While the Lane County usage has really no bearing on UTV Crazy riding activities here (except Cottage Grove, Oregon Dunes), it does veeify this frequency is a primary S&R usage frequency.

If we do have this frequency, we will need to verify we're not stepping onto local governmental toes before using in our favorite areas.....Dove Springs, Dumont, Ocotillo Wells, Shasta, Oregon Dunes, Quartzsite, Parker, etc etc etc.

I do request more info on this particular frequency from the powers to be.... ultimately the FCC possibly. If used, I feel we need to be vigilant in doing a radio check before our first ride in ANY area for a governmental overlap....JMO....I am a bit skeptical right now.

I wont use it. Here is a good reason why:http://forums.radioreference.com/cal...ocal-area.html

We need to be using one of these with a PL tone:
    1 151.820 MHz 11.25 kHz N/A
    2 151.880 MHz 11.25 kHz N/A
    3 151.940 MHz 11.25 kHz N/A
    4 154.570 MHz 20.00 kHz Blue Dot
    5 154.600 MHz 20.00 kHz Green Dot

There will be a little more interference and still be technically illegal unless power output is 2 watts or less , but at least nobody will be interfering with "Legit" licensed business/public safety users. The Rugged "Jeepspeed" channel is #1 on this list.

I hate to keep being a PITA on this matter, but I really don't want to be one who gets slapped a $10,000 fine and loose my amateur radio license......This is so easy peeps and I just don't understand why everyone wouldn't just want to comply. The process is complaint driven. No complaints/interference=No investigation.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast