Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
Thank you for everything, Don!....in the end, we will probably need to have FCC issue us a license rather than RR assigning us one. I personally want to see UTV Crazy compliant for our own, or just fall back on a preprogrammed in the Rugged Radio's like everyone does and cast it off as a super learning experience.
Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
The ONLY frequencies unlicensed operators are allowed to transmit on the VHF band are the five in my post above.....and only at the listed deviation and a maximum of 2 watts power. MURS #1 is Jeepspeed. I'd use one of the other four channels with tone squelch enabled to help with garbage floating around on a public freq. Pot growers use MURS radios for perimeter alarms here.......

In my opinion since we all have been using RR frequency's for years with no fines or problems as long as the the one we get from RR ISN'T one that is being used by a Police or emergency service I don"t see where we would have a problem !! I highly doubt that any of the one's we have been using was issued by the FCC !! I don't think the FCC is out looking to fine a bunch of people out on a weekend ride unless we were inter fearing with some kind of emergency service !!