LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Beginning Driver

How to load RZR in toyhauler

I'm going to attempt to load my RZR into my Toy hauler. it is a 30' bumper pull .

Do I HAVE to have my toy hauler hooked up to my truck, to keep the front of it from flopping into the air when I drive the rzr up the ramp ?

I load my RZR into my 28' bumper-pull hauler without it being hooked to the truck all the time.
    Your RZR weighs about 1000 lbs, more or less. Your toy hauler probably weighs at least 8000 lbs.
    You have two axles, and they're right under the garage, right? It's a matter of leverage.
    I seriously doubt your TH will even twitch when you drive the RZR up the ramp.

All the same, make sure your wheel chocks are firmly in place.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    ----------------------------------------------------
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S (Now Deceased)
    2016 Yamaha Grizzly 700

I wouldn't think you should have any problem's with the front coming up . But as Scoundrel said make sure the wheels are chocked.

to be safe lower the rear stabilizers that will stop it
    Dead man walking

I wouldn't think the RZR would be heavier then the front part of the trailer , you should have no problems. The other answers like stabilizers and chock are also all good things to do.

Greenhorn Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    I wouldn't think the RZR would be heavier then the front part of the trailer , you should have no problems. The other answers like stabilizers and chock are also all good things to do.
    .X2

It can certainly be done safely...all the previous comments are very valid. Wheel chocks are a must as you definitely don't want the trailer to roll...may bend the front jack, scissor jacks, etc.

Tenderfoot Driver
    I always hook my trailer up first . I just keep having a vision that if it wasn't I would be half way in the trailer and it would be rolling down the street .

Quote Originally Posted by Kart3d View Post
    I always hook my trailer up first . I just keep having a vision that if it wasn't I would be half way in the trailer and it would be rolling down the street .
    Not with a 30-footer. With a super small, very lightweight unit I could see that happening.

So we had a 28 foot bumper pull desert fox. I loaded it unhitched once with our 800 RZR, 2 quads, and the associated stuff for a trip. No problems loading.

BUT - the next day I backed up to hitch and when I started to lower the jack the trailer shifted and rolled right off the wood block I use under the jack. Mind you, I had the wheels well chocked and it was a very level surface. Needless to say - I never load or unload unless I'm hitched.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast