LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
    Newbie Driver

Transmission blow up

Hey guys new member here. Wanted to hopefully get some suggestions on what I should do. 2014 xp 900 4 seater. I bought it used and went for a 400 mile hard ride in the UP Michigan and 250 miles in, blew several bearings out the tranny. Nasty stuff. Gears, case etc... All phuked
    Couple questions:
    1. Is purchasing a "good used take out" and sending it away to get the "better bearings" a good option?
    2. Thinking about sending it to Alba Racing if I go this route.What do you guys think? Seems expensive.
    http://teamalbaracing.com/i-23157099...n-upgrade.html
    3. When I factor in the cost of the used trans and the upgrade I am close to a price of a new one. But again with "bad" bearings is it worth it.

Thanks in advance fellas I appreciatte any input.

What area do you live in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Driver
    SW Michigan. I can ship a used tranny from ebay anywhere basically. Not sure if that helps my situation.

Controlled force on this site does tranny bearing upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crackerjack Driver Controlled Force's Avatar
    Buying a used one is a tough call because you don't know what it has gone through... chances are it's going to be a good transmission but at least if you buy a new one to start with you know it has 0 miles on it...

Same exact thing happened to a guy that lives here in my town, he ended up buying a new one I split the case install the bearings and now he's going to go..

He was contemplating buying a used to it but decided he didn't want to take the risk.

unless you know the car it came out of and have some history there is a risk.

RSR Performance