LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    other then a few pulls on pavement i haven't drove it. i believe in cages so its at Htown getting a cage and the start of a build up its going to the sand show next month so i won't drive it till after that. maybe a short dumont trip on the way back from the show but only if its under 100*
    Bring that thing up to St Anthony at the end of the month Steve and get it broke in right!

Chauffeur Driver
    Has anyone drove one with the paddle shifter ?

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Vegas has one..hopefully he will pipe in on his ride
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Ripshift View Post
    Has anyone drove one with the paddle shifter ?
    I saw the review of the new Paddle shift Yamaha on Dirt Trax TV, they really liked it, it does the clutching for you, even half clutch when needed, sound like a better system for the trails. Looks fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    I saw the review of the new Paddle shift Yamaha on Dirt Trax TV, they really liked it, it does the clutching for you, even half clutch when needed, sound like a better system for the trails. Looks fun.

I was just talking to a friend Friday and he was telling me that they were a lot of fun to race around the dunes in but was going to purchase another RZR because he didn't feel that the Yamaha was good on the trails !!

Yeah for open areas it would be OK , but trail riding, going up stuff like trail 35 with a bunch of people in stop and go situations it would be a PITA.
    IMO Yamaha has to have a full auto mode, and paddle shift mode, with a low range for crawling, Honda has this set up already, they just need to put it into a full sport UTV chassis with suspension to match what's out there, and of course it would have to have at least 130hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    Yeah for open areas it would be OK , but trail riding, going up stuff like trail 35 with a bunch of people in stop and go situations it would be a PITA.
    IMO Yamaha has to have a full auto mode, and paddle shift mode, with a low range for crawling, Honda has this set up already, they just need to put it into a full sport UTV chassis with suspension to match what's out there, and of course it would have to have at least 130hp.

When we were at Sand mountain when were out on one of the ride some other people were on the same channel that we were and they giving someone in a Yamaha a hard time because they could get up some hills and trails that they were on !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12