LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Greenhorn Driver

2017 Yamaha 1000R SS .

Here is a look at Yamahas new "YXZ 1000R SS"

http://utvsportsmag.com/digital-maga...m_medium=email

I think the new paddle shift set-up is going to work better for most drivers, I know some do like the clutch. I don't know if they put lower gears in first and second, I saw video of the way the launch control works , that looks fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beginning Driver
    I'm first on the list of paid depositors here in vegas think its going to be fun. come on august

Proficient Driver
    Was hoping Yamaha lowered the gear ratio a bit, but they didn't. Still too tall geared for the Rubicon. Guess you do the Tubeworks tranny option. Anyone know if Yamaha added some heat barrier to the 2017 in the tunnel? The YXZ I drove at the Idaho dunes was too hot.. Not quite as bad as my old XDS but darn near.
    Patiently waiting for the Sand Show in September to choose my next sxs...
    2018 CanAm X3 XRC

Proficient Driver
    You YXZ guys know if Tubeworks does a lower 1st and 2nd gear or do you have to spend two grand on a complete low gear tranny kit?
    2018 CanAm X3 XRC

Chauffeur Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    I'm first on the list of paid depositors here in vegas think its going to be fun. come on august
    Have you got your new ride yet ? If so how do you like it ?

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    I think he already tore it down to do some modifications..
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Proficient Driver
    Got to drive one of the local dealers YXZ SS that they had and I was pretty impressed with it. First thing I would do is bypass the seat belt alarm as its loud as heck. I didn't try the launch feature since we were on the asphalt but did run it up to 4th gear on the paved road and shifting with the auto clutch was cool. Also if you cruise up to an intersection and don't down shift it automatically will down shift back to first gear for you.
    I still think for my all around riding it still needs at least a lower first gear from Tubeworx and the the console needs to be insulated to block some of the tranny wine. The first to build a turbo kit is going to sale a bunch...
    2018 CanAm X3 XRC

Beginning Driver
    other then a few pulls on pavement i haven't drove it. i believe in cages so its at Htown getting a cage and the start of a build up its going to the sand show next month so i won't drive it till after that. maybe a short dumont trip on the way back from the show but only if its under 100*

I looked at one of the new "SS" today at the dealer . I like the paddle shifter but don't think it is going to solve all the problems people complain about .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast