LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hidden Falls

Yep in just the last ten years up in the Mccloud Mt Shasta area

They put a lot of gates up that now I have to go around-em or make a new trail around-em What a pain in the pass

Kinda silly on public land and really no one is there to make sure you stay out of our land
    'It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.'

Mark Twain

Proficient Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by TOD View Post
    So I had a long conversation with several people yesterday regarding the Bowman Lake area. Specifically I called regarding the new sign leaving Bowman Lake campground to Saw Mill and Faucherie Lakes that now states "Highway Legal Vehicles Only". I am told that they intend to improve that road to make it accessible by highway vehicles (it is not at this time). I asked why, when you cannot get to that road without a four wheel drive (from either Jackson Meadows or Highway 20).

At this time I was told that OHV are NO LONGER allowed to ride out of Washington, and OHV's are not allowed on the road to Bowman (legally) as it is a county road. I was also told that NID has plans to pave the Bowman Lake road all the way to the lake.

WHAT A BUMMER. I am both upset and sad.
    Is this sign for Bowman lake Rd or meadow lake Rd? Meadow lake Rd is the short link along the lake that connects Granitville Rd ? It has always been allowed to ride on this section of fs41.. But I just cked my updated map and meadow lake Rd is legend as county 843 ... Bowman lake Rd is 18 national forest suitable for passenger cars.
    I will ask Corva there take on this.

Chauffeur Driver
    Can anyone give accurate directions to the Hidden Falls?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234