LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It's probably going to be like the previous year's, last week in February - first two weeks of March.

Anyone have suggestions of places to go . We have our thoughts but would like to hear from others .

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    The problem with spring break is that if we wait that late the desert is HOT!!! Especially when Easter next year is very late (April 16).
    Ya that's way late!!! I didn't realize spring break was so late this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnson Valley, I haven't been there in years, some of the good spots to camp were Soggy Dry lake , or Anderson Dry lake, off Camp Rock road, Soggy not to far from King of Hammers.
    Ocotillo Wells, also has lots to see and explore , but I think you guys have been there a few times.

Can-Am XDS 1000 Turbo.

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Johnson Valley would be a good choice, Quartzsite, Wickenburg, maybe even something in the prescott area of AZ. Dumont
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Johnson Valley would be a good choice, Quartzsite, Wickenburg, maybe even something in the prescott area of AZ. Dumont
    Never been to Wickenburg or Prescott. I liked Quartzite better than Parker, and we haven't been to Dumont (mmmmm, date shakes!) in a couple of years.

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    Never been to Wickenburg or Prescott. I liked Quartzite better than Parker, and we haven't been to Dumont (mmmmm, date shakes!) in a couple of years.
    Prescott is more up in elevation and trees..we would have to check and see just how much riding is around that area.
    Dumont would be fun again
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

OK, I just checked the Prescott National Forest website. the National forest is divided into 3 ranger districts, and a quick glance at just one of them (Bradshaw Ranger District) found 60 named OHV trails, but they were only 3-4 miles each. No idea if they are accessible from a central-ish camping area or if they are SxS friendly. The overview of the forest says lots of Ponderosa Pine, Doug Fir, White Pine, etc., so at least some of it is higher elevation. I'm thinking it will take a lot of homework, (and it is 13+ hours from here, so 16-20 hours for many of you) but it may be a destination we want to consider.

Dumont is one place I would like to go to for a few days.

It's been a while since I have been to Caliente, NV, but I remember it being one of my favorite places to ride. The Silver State trail is nearby too. http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/ely_f...hv_riding.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast