LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy

Vendor for New Shoes

OK, I realize this is probably the same subject for about the fifth time, but I'm ready for new tires. I'm already convinced that having the same size (30X10X14) all the way around is the way to go. I also think the Tensor Regulators are my first choice. I know everyone with the Pro Armor/Polaris Crawlers have been happy (as have the Tensor fans) but from the little I can find on-line, the Crawlers are more expensive. I think I want 7" wheels, with whatever offset will widen my overall stance an inch or so. And I'd be happy with fairly inexpensive wheels, since the fancy, high dollar ones I've seen look really hard to keep clean.

So far, what I've found on e-bay and Amazon is going to run right at $1300 for five wheels and tires. If any of our forum vendors can more or less match the other prices I'm seeing, I'd rather keep my business "in-house". Suggestions????

What do you guys think of running 15" rims, so not as much side wall, would it be better on the side walls? To me it seems like it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    What do you guys think of running 15" rims, so not as much side wall, would it be better on the side walls? To me it seems like it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It will give you a harsher ride and will weigh a little more from what I have heard. Can't speak for the durability though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

Greenhorn Driver
    I just bought the Tensor Regulators off of ebay through Discount tire for $166 to my door.

Greenhorn Driver
    Sorry, they are the 30x10x14

I bought mine from KJ motorsports. Wheels and tires completely mounted and shipped to my door with lug nuts for $1114.00. They have about every tire and wheel combo you can think of.
    http://kjmotorsports.com/msa-black-k...er-900-xp.html
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

I need some input on wheels.

Do I need beadlocks? I found some really nice looking STI HD wheels, very reasonably priced, but they are not beadlocks. Will I be disappointed? Also, will polished wheels be harder to keep clean than chrome? How about painted or anodized?

Thanks, guys!

Many other brands have had flats or sidewall punctures, but the Tensor Regulators haven't missed a beat as far as I know, Barry. That is the top of our list tire right now for dependability.

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Many other brands have had flats or sidewall punctures, but the Tensor Regulators haven't missed a beat as far as I know, Barry. That is the top of our list tire right now for dependability.
    Thanks, Lance. Do I need beadlocks? I really like the STI HD6 wheels, that are black and red.

For the riding you do, beadlocks wouldn't be needed. Keeping tires aired up helps keep getting a sidewall punctured plus the more air, less need for beadlocks. If you wanted to play in the sand aired down to 5psi, then yes on beadlocks.....but that isn't your style of riding.