LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy

Polaris retractable seat belts

Does anyone have any input about the new Polaris retractable seat belts ? They seem like they are a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFoust View Post
    Does anyone have any input about the new Polaris retractable seat belts ? They seem like they are a good idea.
    Reviews are mixed, some say they clog easily with mud.
    Those who are used to the traditional 4-5 point fixed harnesses say they take a while to get used to because they let you move around freely until there is a jolt or sudden change of some sort (like automotive). So it feels like your not belted in until you need they, that's the theory anyway. On the upside reaching stuff on the dash or glove box while clicked in is allot easier! Lol

We have them on our XP1000 and really like them. We always had the standard everyday 4 point harness . These are way easier to put on and it is nice to be able to move around . As for the mud I don't have any problems with that because they are mounted on the bar behind the seat so not much gets there.

I have the Polaris seat belts in mine and like there much better then the standard 4 point harness.

I was looking into getting some but they cost big $$$$$$ so I have think a little harder.

These are on my list , just need to safe up for them. I tried them at the dealer when I was getting my ride. I like the fact that I could move around when parked without taking the belts off.

will these fit in a XP900 ?

Greenhorn Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Millerrg View Post
    will these fit in a XP900 ?
    I would think you could use them in one but would have to make mounting brackets.

I have the new style Polaris seat belts and really like them . The only problem is on a long ride some times they rub on my neck.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckinRZR View Post
    Reviews are mixed, some say they clog easily with mud.
    Those who are used to the traditional 4-5 point fixed harnesses say they take a while to get used to because they let you move around freely until there is a jolt or sudden change of some sort (like automotive). So it feels like your not belted in until you need they, that's the theory anyway. On the upside reaching stuff on the dash or glove box while clicked in is allot easier! Lol
    Thanks for the write up! I like the feeling of the belts sucking me down into my seat when I'm haulin. The tighter your strapped in the better the ride quality gets. I'm thinking these new belts would fall short of the mark for me if the don't "lock" till your jolted....
    Tatum Black Widow
    402 stroker twin turbo
    Albins sequential
    1200hp @ 18psi