LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyhauler Tires

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    CA max is 55..lol
    That's true, most trailers I'm seeing on the road travel 60-70 mph. There seems to be a lot more ST tires rated at 75 mph nowadays.

Not everyone tows in CA. My next set of tires will be rated for at least 75 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
    Our new hauler. I will be looking to replace the tires soon after picking it up. Will consider the Sailuns.

Attachment 1749
    Congrats, Tim!! When are you coming on one of our rides, so we can see it (and you!)?

Thanks Barry. Would like to make one of the rides soon. Miss your brides awesome cooking!

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Ok so LBR and I are possibly joining the true toyhauler family.
    We have heard so much about tires being blown...I know EPL & RonC upgraded.. But for those others what brand of tires and size do you run?
    The rig we are buying has Sailun and from what we have read on toyhauler forums..no one has had a problem with them
    For ST tires, Sailun, Maxxis or Carlisle are good tires. Make sure they are load rated for at least the axle rating. I have Maxxis ST235/80R16 LRE, balanced with metal stems on my toy hauler. So far, so good.
    2016 Polaris RZR 900 EPS Trail Camo

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
    Our new hauler. I will be looking to replace the tires soon after picking it up. Will consider the Sailuns.

Attachment 1749
    Nice looking trailer .

From what I have seen the Sailun tires are more of a rib tire . Looked at them and they are what I'm going to use when I replace mine .

Quote Originally Posted by Bedo View Post
    From what I have seen the Sailun tires are more of a rib tire . Looked at them and they are what I'm going to use when I replace mine .
    The only thing I don't like about them is that they are heavy if you go with the G rated version. That's why I stayed with the E rated Maxxis M8008's at 80 PSI, balanced with metal stems. They have a good reputation.
    2016 Polaris RZR 900 EPS Trail Camo

Sailun makes an awesome tire for an import. Sold lots of them and not one single failure to date.

They are BIG and heavy though...... I wondered when I read the spec on the Heartland site and they stated G rated tire what they were using. They wanted $1600 to upgrade 4 tires to G614's at the time we ordered ours, so I just swapped them after we took delivery.

I went thru 8 Blowmax before I replaced them with the G614 's .

Ordered the Sailun G rated tires today. They are heavy, slightly heaver than the G614's. 75mph speed rating, 4079 lb load rating. Read a lot of positive reviews on these.

The E rated tires on the hauler now are rated for slightly over the axel rating, and since I consider the tires the weak link in those ratings, the G rating should give me a little cushion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast