LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Another interesting Thread Ben Thanks

Any-way with a new machine its amazing how fast the Tranny seals go belly-up

Is that caused from bad bearing, like to much play in-em or what?

Over the years one may think that the quality of polaris would be a-lot better

How-ever one would also think that it was impossible for the quality to get worst over the years

But that is what we are seeing

Well the quality goes down and the price goes way-up

With that all said my Tranny with a shit load of miles, is still way-good, has never leaked like all the new ones do

I believe you will hook Mike up and put it together Right with good parts
    'It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.'

Mark Twain

Chauffeur Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Force View Post
    The charge tube is pretty long Milos... it seems under boost that the center section of it would swell up under boost I don't know I'm not an engineer just an observation

RSR Performance
    I am pretty sure they will swell under boost and they look ugly too ! LOL
    milos

Moto's factory turbo trans mod

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Force View Post
    Here's something I found that I particularly don't like I'm going to have to talk with Mike about this and see what he wants to do.

The Evolution Powersports charge tube that he installed is leaking boost along with oil that's getting blown through the turbo from the vent hose off the engine..

And is rubbing up against the valve cover.

In my opinion it's a bad design.

If I designed it it would have had a silicone hose along with a aluminum charge tube in the center with another silicone hose and clamps on the other end with a fitting welded on to the charge to for the map sensor

But that's just me...

RSR Performance
    Ben, does anyone make a better hose?
    What other mods do I need to do right away when I get my new turbo in a few weeks?

Also.... I want to order the Best STM clutch Primary & Secondary from you. How long on the order time and $? You can text me at 530-321-4526 if you want.
    Thanks!
    Ben January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Airbus899; 03-29-2016 at 07:20 PM.

Crackerjack Driver Controlled Force's Avatar
    I don't know of anyone making the tube yet for it other than evolution, after speaking with Mike this morning they gave him the same old song and dance he had one of the first ones that went out and they said basically they had a bad design and they have it fixed now...

As for your new turbo car congratulations on the purchase.

Expected to have issues with the primary clutch I've ended up switching to STM clutches,
    Look at having the trans mod done in the future like I'm doing on Mikes car.

And just stay up on the maintenance keep the oil changed regularly, let the car come up to pretty much operating temperature before going out and mashing on it and just use overall common sense they can only take so much abuse

RSR Performance

Also if you're planning on getting one of Evolution Powersports reflash I would strongly recommend a boost gauge and air fuel ratio gauge AEM makes 2 gauges in one it's pretty slick you can find it at Summit Racing

RSR Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Leo View Post
    Another interesting Thread Ben Thanks

Any-way with a new machine its amazing how fast the Tranny seals go belly-up

Is that caused from bad bearing, like to much play in-em or what?

Over the years one may think that the quality of polaris would be a-lot better

How-ever one would also think that it was impossible for the quality to get worst over the years

But that is what we are seeing

Well the quality goes down and the price goes way-up

With that all said my Tranny with a shit load of miles, is still way-good, has never leaked like all the new ones do

I believe you will hook Mike up and put it together Right with good parts
    Good point Leo, but the early 800 models were probably ok cause the HP wasn't so high as all the new machines , I can't believe they still use the same cheap bearing in the new machines , for what we pay for them seems to be an easy fix at the factory, unless Polaris owns this Chinese bearing factory.

Can-Am XDS 1000 Turbo.

I'll have to disagree with you there Mike...
    I have a 800s stretched 10 inches in the rear with a Yamaha Apex turbo 4-cylinder engine pushing stupid horsepower through the stock transmission.

It's been running strong for the last three years with no issues, those Transmissions were built by Spicer,IMO Much Better Built than what team Industries built for the 900 and the 1000 cars..

RSR Performance
    Last edited by Controlled Force; 03-29-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Competent Driver
    I was talking to Garret at Fuel custom today he said he has a ton of the turbo cars that all have clutch problems, said the stock are all junk what a joke
    Riley Ranch still sucks

Leo...
    The seals going out are more than likely POOR installation from Team Industries when they're assembling them 😠

RSR Performance

Quote Originally Posted by gridman View Post
    I was talking to Garret at Fuel custom today he said he has a ton of the turbo cars that all have clutch problems, said the stock are all junk what a joke
    It's amazing how much these cars cost and this is the quality that they're putting out..

I was seriously considering getting a factory turbo car but after looking at Mike's ...there's just too many things that I would want to change to my liking.

I still think Factory turbo cars are great for a majority of the people just not me

So it's back to looking for a 14 or 15 car and building it my way

RSR Performance

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast