LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It appears the location we stayed last year in Quartzsite is in the trust if I read the map right..... Breakin' the law...breakin' the law! Lots of land off Shae Rd in Parker too. Maybe we should have a permit?
    Last edited by CrazyCooter; 01-21-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
    It appears the location we stayed last year in Quartzsite is in the trust if I read the map right..... Breakin' the law...breakin' the law! Lots of land off Shae Rd in Parker too. Maybe we should have a permit?
    With all the trouble you guys caused there you would think the Police would have said something !! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    With all the trouble you guys caused there you would think the Police would have said something !! LOL
    I think you dropped the dime on us on the way out of town.......

Remember when Phil lead us that one trip down the hillside, we stopped and he mentioned this about tribial lands, had us kill our headlights on the flat for 3 miles until we turned back up over the mountain? He said we weren't suppose to be there. Maybe it was only because he knew none of us had the special permit.....if we were permitted, it may have been fine to ride there....just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Remember when Phil lead us that one trip down the hillside, we stopped and he mentioned this about tribial lands, had us kill our headlights on the flat for 3 miles until we turned back up over the mountain? He said we weren't suppose to be there. Maybe it was only because he knew none of us had the special permit.....if we were permitted, it may have been fine to ride there....just thinking out loud.
    It was because it was tribal land !!

It was because it was tribal land !!
    Yes, this permit is for Land Trust use.....isn't that Tribal? Or is Land Trust other areas needing a permit that are non-Tribal lands? Guess we'll snope more, unless someone in the know here can explain?

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    So I feel stupid.. I did a search and Oregon has trust Lands, so I did more research and find that they are mostly conservation/environmental lands....
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Yes, this permit is for Land Trust use.....isn't that Tribal? Or is Land Trust other areas needing a permit that are non-Tribal lands? Guess we'll snope more, unless someone in the know here can explain?
    From what i can find they are not Tribal lands !!

From what i can find they are not Tribal lands !!
    Same here Ed. Now to proceed to find a map to see how much of the Parker area is affected....my homework for tonight.

State Land Department (Recreational Permit)

Arizona State Land DepartmentArizona State Trust Lands are not public lands. The OHV decal allows vehicles to cross Trust Lands and operate on existing roads and trails only. A recreation permit is required for all other uses such as hiking, camping, picnicking, and leaving a staging vehicle on State Trust Lands. A permit is not required to travel on county maintained dirt roads or routes with access easements. For complete information on the recreation permit and its requirements, please visit https://land.az.gov/natural-resource...tional-permits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12