LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skid plates

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick4me View Post
    So everyone has been recommending 3/8". Is this what you are getting? If not, what and why? Thanks in advance!
    1/2" for this machine....3/8" will be great for you in the sand dunes, but after shoving the rock guard into plastics and caved in a horizontal tube half way in Ocotillo Wells on boulders, the paper OEM skids are "well used"....I think she was trying to keep up with me....so put on 1/2" and don't look back was the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    1/2" for this machine....3/8" will be great for you in the sand dunes, but after shoving the rock guard into plastics and caved in a horizontal tube half way in Ocotillo Wells on boulders, the paper OEM skids are "well used"....I think she was trying to keep up with me....so put on 1/2" and don't look back was the decision.
    IF I put one on my RZR it will be a 3/8" , I had a 3/8" on our 800 S and worked fine . I like going on trails and playing on some rocks but not into betting my equipment to where I would need any thicker skid plate !!

Yeah I'm going to go with the 3/8 also, when I was at Factory UTV I was looking at them, and the 3/8 is way better then the stock one, 1/2" would probably be way more than I need.
    Are you going to have them install it for you Lance ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    Yeah I'm going to go with the 3/8 also, when I was at Factory UTV I was looking at them, and the 3/8 is way better then the stock one, 1/2" would probably be way more than I need.
    Are you going to have them install it for you Lance ?
    No, will do it myself. I don't farm out anything to anyone unless it is beyond my abilities or requires more specialty tools than I am willing to purchase.

Mike do you know if they are 100% boltup? If so, then I'll wait to install back here at home rather than in the 80° desert sand...lol

Yeah I'm pretty sure you just take off the old ones and bolt on the new ones, I saw a video of some one doing it and they tipped the machine on it's side for easier install, but don't know if I would do that, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak for the can-ams but on the rzr you need to drill out some extra holes in the frame. There are more attachment points than the factory skid plate

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

Thanx Neil....and I bet your correct with additional hardware attachments...I may wait to get home for the project.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you just take off the old ones and bolt on the new ones, I saw a video of some one doing it and they tipped the machine on it's side for easier install, but don't know if I would do that, lol

That how I installed mine the first time. Lol I wouldn't recommend it because the fluids don't like it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That will be no problem for Lance and Barb !!!! Isn't that where the spend 10% of there time already ?? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    That will be no problem for Lance and Barb !!!! Isn't that where the spend 10% of there time already ?? LOL
    🏽

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast