LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Marysvale UT September 5th - 11th

This is going to be a ride many of Us are going to go on after the UTV Invasion in Idaho . More information about where we plan on staying will be post when they are pick .

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
    2) EPL , Fast Pat
    3) CrazyCooter
    4)
    5)

OK, Ed. I'll admit I'm a little confused on this one. Marysvale is one of the access points to the Paiute Trail System in western Utah. Moab is the rock crawling mecca in east-central Utah. They are almost 4 hours apart. Are you planning to do both? Any idea how long in each, or which one first?

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    OK, Ed. I'll admit I'm a little confused on this one. Marysvale is one of the access points to the Paiute Trail System in western Utah. Moab is the rock crawling mecca in east-central Utah. They are almost 4 hours apart. Are you planning to do both? Any idea how long in each, or which one first?
    Barb is the person planing this ride so I have no clue !!

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    I don't know the area very well it could very well be 2 different camping stays...when we were down at Ocotillo Wells we were talking about it..They stayed ay South forty RV park so I assumed that's where they road out of
    They talked about the Piaute (sp) trail and also doing hells revenge and the Lions back..
    Barry could you enlighten us..I'm up to doing both
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

My knowledge is very limited! My cousin Chris and his wife Dawn now live in Utah and have ridden the Paiute Trail System many times. The pictures and stories are amazing, and I've always wanted to ride there. You can check out the Paiute Trail System on Rider Planet, or just Google it. From what I've seen, there are over 250 miles of high mountain trails. I guess everyone has heard of Moab. Quite honestly, my main concerns with Moab are the heat in early September, and the inevitable crowds. If you use Mapquest, and ask for directions from Marysvale to Moab, it comes out to just about 3.5 hours. And that is not pulling a trailer.

Both are on my bucket list, with Marysvale a little higher priority!

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    My knowledge is very limited! My cousin Chris and his wife Dawn now live in Utah and have ridden the Paiute Trail System many times. The pictures and stories are amazing, and I've always wanted to ride there. You can check out the Paiute Trail System on Rider Planet, or just Google it. From what I've seen, there are over 250 miles of high mountain trails. I guess everyone has heard of Moab. Quite honestly, my main concerns with Moab are the heat in early September, and the inevitable crowds. If you use Mapquest, and ask for directions from Marysvale to Moab, it comes out to just about 3.5 hours. And that is not pulling a trailer.

Both are on my bucket list, with Marysvale a little higher priority!
    Thanks Barry
    I will also ask Joanne Gonzales they live close to there
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Maybe some site members that live by or been there could jump on and help with riding info?

I too am more interested in Marysvale, but would do either since we can only do 1 week at a time. I used to be into rock crawling, but I know Tracie wont be into climbing vertical walls while looking off the edge of cliffs with a 2,000' drop to the bottom if something goes wrong.......Moab has a lot of this!

Tracie was potentially competing with another coworker who always takes the week after Labor Day off, so she asked for the time off now just in case. Guess we can swap it later if needed.

Marysvale is our 1st choice also...we may stop moab just to see it..
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Here are 2 RV parks in Marysvale
    South Forty is the most popular, the only negatives I read on it was not being real dog friendly...I pm'ed them to ask if that was a concern for us since there will probably be atleast 6 trailers and we all have 4 legged kids.
    http://southfortyrvpark.net/

This one looks like a nice park.. They also have a Pizza place called the Garage
    http://www.lizzieandcharlies.com/
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast