LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2016 xp1k drive belt

Looking at buying a spare belt which one stock or aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob I keep an aftermarket its less $$ will get you back, and if you give it someone to get them going on the trail its no big deal

I all ways purchased the stock belt because i was told it was the best !! I'm sure plenty will chime in and say different !!

I have a gates carbon belt as a spare. It was about $75 online. I have the OEM belt in my rzr. The spare is in my tool box, getting banged around and dusty. I take it out every once in a while and clean it, but I just didn't feel right spending that much on a spare. If I blow one on the trail, I will probably use it until I get another OEM one to replace it and put it back in the tool box for next time.
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

I'm thinking the same thing going with after market .I can by too for the price of a stock. Thanks for the in put

I had no problem at all with Gates aftermarket belts (about $50 per) on my 800 (50") and on my 800S.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    I had no problem at all with Gates aftermarket belts (about $50 per) on my 800 (50") and on my 800S.
    Same here on my 900 and now my 1k.
    One thing I do like about Gates is that if or when it blows, it breaks in chunks. The Polaris belt leaves strands and can get wrapped around the back side of the clutch and you have to pull the primary to get the strands out or risk ruining your crank seal. Had to tow a RZR in once cuz we couldnt get the strands out from behind the primary.
    Performance wise, I can't tell the difference between Gates and Polaris. Just make sure you get the carbon fiber Gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
    Same here on my 900 and now my 1k.
    One thing I do like about Gates is that if or when it blows, it breaks in chunks. The Polaris belt leaves strands and can get wrapped around the back side of the clutch and you have to pull the primary to get the strands out or risk ruining your crank seal. Had to tow a RZR in once cuz we couldnt get the strands out from behind the primary.
    Performance wise, I can't tell the difference between Gates and Polaris. Just make sure you get the carbon fiber Gates.
    I guess the fact that so far with the 5 RZR's and the 14,000 miles we have had I never broke a belt yet so i don't know all the little things !!

I had over 5k miles on the 900 without any broken belts, most of that with Gates. Did break my first belt on the 1k at almost 3k miles. A polaris belt.
    I'm not against polaris belts, have one on my rzr right now. Just saying I had good luck with the Gates and they are much cheaper. I am carrying one now as a spare and will buy Gates if I need more.

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    I all ways purchased the stock belt because i was told it was the best !! I'm sure plenty will chime in and say different !!
    That's all I run too, I used a gates once and it cracked. Maybe a bad batch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast