LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy

View Poll Results: Single or Dual battery ?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Single

3 100.00%
  • Dual

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Single or Dual battery

Ok my stock battery finally died. My question is do I go with Dual cheaper batts running parallel or one expensive Odyssey 925 , I have light bar and a winch...

I run a single odyssey 925. Z1 motors are known to have very weak staters (snow mobile motor), but with the odyssey I can run all the major accessory's.
    Tatum Black Widow
    402 stroker twin turbo
    Albins sequential
    1200hp @ 18psi

I've run a single Odyssey for 4-5 years now and can say the longetivity of it is awesome...can go without being driven for 45-60 days and cranks over excellent....great battery IMO and worth the $$$

Proficient Driver
    I have a rzr s and upgraded to the 30 amp hour that fits the xp. I'm happy so far,

Think I'm going to go with an odyssey 925 , relocated under the front hood. There are some mounting kits out there, but I think I can fab up something myself it doesn't look to very hard to make. If I go with dual battery setup would definitely get an isolator relay, and a fuse panel for accessories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I run a 36aH Shorai in the Maverick. Gained capacity and lost 11lbs at the same time! They spin the Mav and KTM's way faster than stock.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
    I run a 36aH Shorai in the Maverick. Gained capacity and lost 11lbs at the same time! They spin the Mav and KTM's way faster than stock.
    Yeah I was looking at one of those too, do you know what the cranking amps are?,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    Yeah I was looking at one of those too, do you know what the cranking amps are?,

540CCA's for the LFX36. They will spin a small block over! I think you could put a pair of LFX18's in the same tray and have a backup battery. They make a full sized tray for yours under the front hood?

I always think about it when riding alone and no backup. Now I have one of the little pocket jump start packs, so no need for duals.

I bought one of the pocket jump start battery pack too, kind of cool cause it will charge my phone or GPS if needed, 540cca man that should have no problem spinning it up, did you have to do anything to the charging system, or is it plug and play, I know some machines won't charge lithium battery's with stock system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had an Odyssey I bought in 09 that's still running strong. It's a great battery.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast