LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    Ok sounds good Jeff, so on January 9th we will be starting from VC? If so I will probably us stay in the hotel they have up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ride is looking more fun every time I read this post

Quote Originally Posted by Pipelayer View Post
    ...For those of you who want to have a few beers and don't want to drive down windy roads in very steep terrain, you might want to try silver land inn, nice rooms but a little pricey...

I've never been to VC, and this sounds like the road in may be the kind of road I don't want to take my 39' hauler on. Is anyone planning to take their trailer/RV and spend a night or two in VC, or would I be better off to stay someplace else and make VC a day trip?

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    I've never been to VC, and this sounds like the road in may be the kind of road I don't want to take my 39' hauler on. Is anyone planning to take their trailer/RV and spend a night or two in VC, or would I be better off to stay someplace else and make VC a day trip?
    Barry, they have a truck route that comes from the Carson city side. That's how I get my TH up there

I towed my TH up all the times I went up there, I didn't find it that bad at all, before the first time I did it I heard all the story's of how bad it was, to me it wasn't any big deal a couple switch backs, I think pulling up Buckhorn on the 299 is worse , I would just do some research Barry , cause ones you get up there your going to want to know where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    Terry and Barb (AKA Debbie) are staying at the Grand Sierra . Not sure where I'm going to stay yet !!
    So are we.
    Moosehog
    2016 Rzr XPT4

Mike, there is an RV park there with full hookups for around 35.00 pr night. The last time I took my TH up there in the winter, all of the tanks froze solid. We're talking low 20s high teens overnight. There is a very nice hotel called the silver land inn ( I think) that you can in unload and ride right from the hotel if you're not into roughing it. During the day not so bad. If it's snowing over the pass, cal trans will make you chain up the tow vehicle, 4x4 or not and if the trailer has brakes, they will make you chain up the braking axles. I tow mine over the pass all the time. The thing that pisses me off the most is when they make me chain up and there is no snow on the pavement. Just one more little gift from Cali. Once you get over the hill, there is not much snow but it's very cold. When the wind blows you would swear that there is not anything between there and the North Pole but a barb wire fence and it doesn't slow the wind down very much. If you're prepared for the trip, you will have a great time.

So they make you chain up a tow vehicle that is 4wd when pulling a trailer?
    Moosehog
    2016 Rzr XPT4

Quote Originally Posted by moosehog View Post
    So they make you chain up a tow vehicle that is 4wd when pulling a trailer?
    Yes and if the trailer has brakes, they will make yo chain the last braking axle. I have a little trailer for day trips that doesn't have brakes, so just the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    This sounds like a fun ride except if it going to be below freezing during the day.

If the weather is warm enough, we would be camping with the hauler preferably near the starting point.

Yes and if the trailer has brakes, they will make yo chain the last braking axle. I have a little trailer for day trips that doesn't have brakes, so just the truck.

I thought you had to chain all braking axles??

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast