PDA

View Full Version : Medavac insurance ??

Bedo
11-03-2015, 06:27 AM
I’m looking for a medevac insurance or membership in case of god forbid the need for search and rescue
occurs . I’m having hard time finding this service other then “spot” or “geos” where according to my
research on line the “spot” or computable devices are not the most reliable in emergency. They are absolutely better than nothing. I’m considering satellite emergency beacon from “acr” that operate on
sat-sar satellite system. These devices do not require annual membership fees unlike the spot or delrom. Any info regarding a stand alone search/rescue medevac insurance would be greatly appreciated.

5150George
11-03-2015, 07:08 AM
I've never heard of a "stand alone" policy for medevac. If you have full coverage on your RZR, check with the insurance company. You have a certain amount of medical benefits with the policy, which should include a limit for medevac services. Also, most health insurance companies have a provision for helicopter services. If for some reason they do not cover the helicopter, it will be specifically spelled out. Even if they cover part of the cost, it's still gonna be a chunk out of pocket.

neil11975
11-03-2015, 11:56 AM
If you are located in the northern California area there is mercy air, enloe, and one other I can't think of. It really is inexpensive if your insurance doesn't cover flights. Mine did. That is the only reason we didn't get them

Ripshift
11-03-2015, 12:36 PM
You can join REACH for Life online today at REACH Membership - Enroll or call (866) 767-3224. ASA Supporting Members should select “American Sand Association-Supporting Member” from the pull down menu to take advantage of the $25 REACH for Life membership special. Non-supporting ASA members are encouraged to upgrade to Supporting Member status and take advantage of this special offer. If you are not an ASA Supporting Member, you can still get a discounted REACH for Life membership for $40 by selecting: “American Sand Association” from the pull down menu. If you're already a REACH member and would like information about your rate, your discount or renewal information, please call REACH directly at (866) 767-3224.

johnnycat8
11-03-2015, 06:13 PM
also ck your medical ins..... the plan i have with kaiser covers it i have used it too my part was only 100 out of 7k

Yellow Toy
11-04-2015, 07:06 AM
I carry an ACR RESQLINK in my door bag, same beacon that goes with me fly fishing, biking, back country-anything. I've had it for a few years now, never used it but keeping the registration up to date is important (once every 2 years). It's good for peace of mind, but only one tool in the bag when it comes to making it out of a bad situation.