PDA

View Full Version : Sierra trail ride Saturday, 11/7

Mike621
11-01-2015, 06:47 PM
I know most of you guys are just getting home from SM, from the pictures looked like a great time.
I'm going to go riding next Saturday 11/7, up in the Sierra's out of Truckee, right now weather looks good, if any of you guys want to go just let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EPL
11-01-2015, 06:53 PM
I wish I could go but have shoulder surgery on the 11th and have WAAAAAAY to many thing to do before then !!

Mike621
11-01-2015, 07:09 PM
I wish I could go but have shoulder surgery on the 11th and have WAAAAAAY to many thing to do before then !!

Yeah I know most of you guys were at SM, I want to try and get one more ride in up there before the real snow hits. [emoji106]🏽

AlfaBaz
11-01-2015, 08:10 PM
I know most of you guys are just getting home from SM, from the pictures looked like a great time.
I'm going to go riding next Saturday 11/7, up in the Sierra's out of Truckee, right now weather looks good, if any of you guys want to go just let me know.

Where did you have in mind, Mike? I was thinking about a camping/riding trip to Cisco Grove next weekend.

Mike621
11-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Boca Reservoir, there is a nice campground there, usually the campground is on the lake, but it really low right now, it's a little more remote that CG but the riding is way better IMO. Maybe I'll pull the trailer up too.

Mike621
11-01-2015, 08:17 PM
The campground is called Boca Rest campground

drtfun
11-02-2015, 05:42 AM
Sorry Mike wont make this one

AlfaBaz
11-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Boca Reservoir, there is a nice campground there, usually the campground is on the lake, but it really low right now, it's a little more remote that CG but the riding is way better IMO. Maybe I'll pull the trailer up too.

I've wanted to ride in the Boca/Stampede area for a long time! If Patti wants to come along, I'll bring the trailer and camp. If she wants to stay home, I'm in for a day trip.

Mike621
11-02-2015, 10:35 PM
It will be Saturday the 7th, will start around 9:30 across from the campground there is plenty of parking, Sharon and I will probably just do the one day, but if you camp, there is plenty to explore, we will ride to a couple of lookouts and some good views of Reno from the mountain tops. Weather looks good so far, hopefully still have some snow on the ground. [emoji106]🏽

Pipelayer
11-03-2015, 05:30 AM
Mike, I just noticed this thread. I've already committed to a ride up in VC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazywatson
11-03-2015, 08:21 AM
There was a petty good amount of snow dumped up there is hear. Should be fun.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

gridman
11-03-2015, 07:29 PM
I may be up for this ride but I wont know until late in the week

AlfaBaz
11-03-2015, 07:37 PM
I may be up for this ride but I wont know until late in the week

That would be great, Pat; I didn't get to ride with you at Sand Mountain. If the snow stays, riding will be fantastic!

The Rattler (BLR)
11-03-2015, 07:47 PM
We may join you depending on if we get snowed in...
We have not been there before is this off of I-80??

Mike621
11-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Yes off the I-80 Hirchdale Rd exit just east of Truckee , if you Google Boca rest campground we will stage right across the street from there, should be plenty of parking, I have some good GPS tracks in this area, will be fun. [emoji106]🏽

The Rattler (BLR)
11-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Yes off the I-80 Hirchdale Rd exit just east of Truckee , if you Google Boca rest campground we will stage right across the street from there, should be plenty of parking, I have some good GPS tracks in this area, will be fun. [emoji106]🏽

We will decide Thursday if we are heading back that way...

Beer Mod
11-03-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm out! Sorry guys

AlfaBaz
11-03-2015, 09:26 PM
We will decide Thursday if we are heading back that way...

Would be great if you can make it. Only about a mile off the freeway, and a bout 20 minutes west of Reno. Hope to see you there!

AlfaBaz
11-03-2015, 09:29 PM
Yes off the I-80 Hirchdale Rd exit just east of Truckee , if you Google Boca rest campground we will stage right across the street from there, should be plenty of parking, I have some good GPS tracks in this area, will be fun. [emoji106]��

When I went to the Boca Rest Campground page (from the Tahoe National Forest site), it said the campground is closed for the season. Does anyone know if I will run in to any problems if I camp in the parking area across the street where we will be staging?

Mike621
11-03-2015, 09:38 PM
The campground doesn't close, they just don't take reservations any more for the year, and there's no camp host, at least that's how it was last year, there is no fences around it, so you should be able to just pull in and pick your spot, a lot like the campground at Shasta Dam, or some people just dry camp wherever.

If you guys make it out Barb, are you going to spend the night too?

AlfaBaz
11-03-2015, 09:49 PM
The campground doesn't close, they just don't take reservations any more for the year, and there's no camp host, at least that's how it was last year, there is no fences around it, so you should be able to just pull in and pick your spot, a lot like the campground at Shasta Dam, or some people just dry camp wherever.

Thanks, Mike. That's the way Pass Creek (at Jackson Meadows, also in the Tahoe National Forest) is also.

The Rattler (BLR)
11-03-2015, 10:12 PM

Not sure if we will stay...we may just go back to the Nugget and stay..

EPL
11-04-2015, 05:52 AM
I wish i could make this ride , I have been there fishing and would really like to ride there but not going to be able to make it this time. To much to get done before shoulder surgery on Wednesday.!!

Pipelayer
11-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Mike, my other trip cancelled, so I'm going to come and join you guys if it's ok.

Mike621
11-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Cool looking forward to seeing you guys, glad you could make it. The plan is to start ridding around 9:30ish. [emoji106]

Pipelayer
11-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Great, I'll see you then.

David T.
11-04-2015, 06:44 PM
I believe I can make that trip.

sxsnut
11-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Sounds good I've heard about Boca never been. See you 9:30 Saturday

Pipelayer
11-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Should still be some snow up there. Gonna be a great ride. Last time i was there it was very dusty. This is a trip well worth making if you can.

Mike621
11-04-2015, 07:33 PM
I gotta go to Tahoe tomorrow for work, if I have some time I will go do some recon. [emoji106]

EPL
11-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Looks like your going to have a great ride !! Post pictures so I can see what I'm missing !!

The Rattler (BLR)
11-05-2015, 05:32 PM
We aren't going to make it...the weather finally smartened up so we are going to explore Cold Springs a little more

gridman
11-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Dammit Barb LOL, I will make this ride

Mike621
11-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Ok Barb, will miss you guys, have fun in Cold Springs. When up to Tahoe today, was like 6"-18" of snow on the ground and melting fast, should be good on Saturday, more snow for Sunday, that will probably close off the upper peaks for the season, but we do need lots more.

EPL
11-05-2015, 07:46 PM
I'm going to start a thread for picture on this ride , please post them for us who can be there !! Thanks .

AlfaBaz
11-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Dammit Barb LOL, I will make this ride

Excellent, Pat!! Patti and I are going up tomorrow- will be camped in the Boca Rest Campground (Mike says it is adjacent to the staging area). Come up a little early Saturday morning, and we'll have breakfast for you!

gridman
11-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Excellent, Pat!! Patti and I are going up tomorrow- will be camped in the Boca Rest Campground (Mike says it is adjacent to the staging area). Come up a little early Saturday morning, and we'll have breakfast for you!

Sounds great I will be over early for coffee I think this is only a few minutes from my house

The Rattler (BLR)
11-05-2015, 09:05 PM
We will be in Reno Sunday night.staying at the Nugget .[emoji2]

Mike621
11-05-2015, 09:27 PM

Cool, I plan on leaving Lincoln around 6:30 will probably stop and get a egg Mc Moto along the way, should be there around 8:30-8:45ish I will pull in and park in the campground , if it's closed it doesn't matter if we park there , and the trail starts across from the camp, looking forward to riding with everyone [emoji106]

66Elco
11-06-2015, 03:19 AM
Ive been itchin to ride but working like crazy. I will be finishing a 12hr shift at 6am saturday in oroville. Not enough time to get home to the toy and up to truckee, maybe next time.