PDA

View Full Version : Going from a 50" to S

craig
10-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Hi Guys, so i bought the Super ATV long travel kit for my 2015 50" trail, the reason is Just dont like how unstable it feels, so the kit i bought has the high lift A-Arms and will widen each side by 5"-10" over all and 3" in lenght. I then have a set of RZR 1000 wheels and tires that i hope to use. Im super excited to start the install, get all the parts this weekend, has anybody else installed this kit and if so any pointers?

Thanks.
Craig

Mike621
10-23-2015, 05:19 PM
Is it a 900s ? I was talking to a guy last weekend with a new 50" and he was going to put wheel spacers on it, I think what your going to do is much better. What I would be concerned with is if the 29" tires are going to clear everything, and would definitely need some mud protection. Put some pictures up of the project, maybe before and after. Good luck. [emoji106]🏽

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gridman
10-23-2015, 06:48 PM
I run 30" on my S no problem

CrazyCooter
10-24-2015, 07:54 PM
BeachLeo did the long travel swap on his I think. Maybe he will chime in and give you the 411.

craig
10-26-2015, 06:54 PM
Well so far its going really well, Super ATV sent some of the wrong parts, but they did one hell of a job turning them around and getting them to me in a two day turn around, outstanding group, the A-Arms are almost bullet proof, kit is very well put together and so far fits like a glove, only have the fronts on, but man after having it for a year as a 50" it makes a big deal to see it 10" wider! the kit calls out to re-use the stock upper and lower ball joints, they have been a pain if you don't have a press to remove, I would recommend buying new ones, $24.00 each and 1 extra as a spare in the ol trail box! I promise to get some pics up real soon.

Thanks
Craig