PDA

View Full Version : 1K springs

Fast Pat
04-17-2015, 10:09 PM
Has anyone install any king of progressive springs on the 1K ?

EPL
04-18-2015, 08:15 PM
I put the front tender springs from a 4 seater on the front and put the front tenders from the front and put them on the back .

Sweet34
04-19-2015, 07:24 PM
I did the tenders also and I'm happy with the results .

TruckinRZR
04-19-2015, 10:04 PM
I did the tender spring swap and it made a huge difference!
You can make your springs you already have into true dual rate by simply installing a lock collar between the 2 springs,Without it, it doesn't matter how many springs you stack together if they are all moving at the same speed your only going to get one "rate".

EPL
04-19-2015, 10:15 PM
I did the tender spring swap and it made a huge difference!
You can make your springs you already have into true dual rate by simply installing a lock collar between the 2 springs,Without it, it doesn't matter how many springs you stack together if they are all moving at the same speed your only going to get one "rate".

Good information Chad !

TruckinRZR
04-19-2015, 11:41 PM
Good information Chad !

Don't get me wrong, With two different types of spring rates you will get a "dual rate". which works good. But separated springs are going to act more like a "true dual Rate".
Money for Money buying a $20 set of lock collars vrs buying $800 springs is worth the effort and will actually give you a slightly better ride. I'm going to get the lock collars when I do the re-valve. Until then...This is only my untested opinion..lol

EPL
04-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, With two different types of spring rates you will get a "dual rate". which works good. But separated springs are going to act more like a "true dual Rate".
Money for Money buying a $20 set of lock collars vrs buying $800 springs is worth the effort and will actually give you a slightly better ride. I'm going to get the lock collars when I do the re-valve. Until then...This is only my untested opinion..lol

Isn't it going to be hard to tell what difference it really makes if you do the re-valve at the same time ?? I like to do one thing at a time so I know what difference each thing made .

TruckinRZR
04-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Isn't it going to be hard to tell what difference it really makes if you do the re-valve at the same time ?? I like to do one thing at a time so I know what difference each thing made .
Yes, it will. I'll probably never know the difference the collars would have made. But I'm wanting a bigger difference then just adding dual rate. Basically I'm skipping ahead a few steps. . Lol

ICBlue
04-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Any up dates TruckinRZR ?

johnnycat8
04-27-2015, 06:50 PM
do a revalve it makes more change

this chart works great but will confuse 90% .....https://f-o-a.com/calculator.html

another chart that also talks about dual springs....http://www.crawlpedia.com/spring_rate_calculator.htm

Flying Dog
04-27-2015, 08:18 PM
thank you johnnycat8 for the information.

XS-Cash
05-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Yes, it will. I'll probably never know the difference the collars would have made. But I'm wanting a bigger difference then just adding dual rate. Basically I'm skipping ahead a few steps. . Lol

TruckinRZR have you done anything yet ?

TruckinRZR
05-13-2015, 08:15 AM
Any up dates TruckinRZR ?

Not yet no, RZR mods are on hold for a bit. .. had some things come up :(

Bedo
06-11-2015, 06:50 AM

Have you done this yet TruckinRZR