bbcustomz
10-15-2015, 06:59 PM
So who is thinking about it or who's getting one

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Beach Leo
10-15-2015, 07:07 PM
There was a few here going to get-em

Till we found out they are geared to Tall

may-be down the road when they make-em with a high and low range prolly get one than

Any-way Welcome:

Mike621
10-15-2015, 10:36 PM
I was going to get one, till I found out about the gearing, I still think there cool, but I went with a Maverick, I like it a lot, like to hear of someone local getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrat
10-16-2015, 06:34 AM
I don't think I'm going to see many out here ,from what I see they are more for the sand & desert .

EPL
10-16-2015, 06:38 AM
A friend of mine had one ordered one and when it came in be backed out because he didn't think if had good ground clearance !!

Beer Mod
10-16-2015, 08:34 AM
The dealer here in Chico has one. I wasn't impressed

The Rattler (BLR)
10-16-2015, 09:17 AM
The dealer here in Chico has one. I wasn't impressed
I'm just glad that Yamaha is back in the game...it can only get better...

gridman
10-16-2015, 09:53 AM
I don't think they are selling very fast, I was at Roseville yesterday they have another one that they wanted me to mash around the parking lot not a chance told the owner to bring up to the MT and I would break it in for the buyer lol

Mike621
10-16-2015, 10:04 AM
I don't think they are selling very fast, I was at Roseville yesterday they have another one that they wanted me to mash around the parking lot not a chance told the owner to bring up to the MT and I would break it in for the buyer lol

I was at Roseville YAMAHA yesterday afternoon , I didn't see it , must of picked it up already.

gridman
10-16-2015, 10:10 AM
I was at Roseville YAMAHA yesterday afternoon , I didn't see it , must of picked it up already.

No it was on the side

Mike621
10-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Ok I was just in the Showroom [emoji106]

Fuzzy
10-16-2015, 09:07 PM
I went and looked at one but think I'll stick with what I have .

milosusa
10-17-2015, 01:47 PM
I really like it, but it is not for everybody. It is real sport car, not farmers vehicle converted to the sport like rest of theSxS are....lol
Milos

EPL
10-17-2015, 02:00 PM
I really like it, but it is not for everybody. It is really sport car, not farmers vehicle converted to the sport like rest of theSxS are....lol
Milos

I looked at one but you are correct it's not for everybody !! For the type of riding I do don't think it's for me !!

Beach Leo
10-17-2015, 10:37 PM
Yep... it ain't for slow-pokes like me

Only thing its really missing is a granny-low

Plus it could shed about 500 pounds

When they do those 2 small things

I will get one

How-ever by the looks of things, they may do 1 of the small things

Can-not see-em doing both, especially the weight issue that they do have

milosusa
10-18-2015, 07:08 AM
I don't think is possible to lose 500 # from car which weight is 1510#.......
Even RZR 800 weight is close to 1000#....
Yamaha weight is 130 # more than XP 1000 but if you take in consideration extra engine cylinder , dry sump oil system , manual trany I don't think weight is so bad. IMO
Can't say about low first gear, never drive one, but probably Reclusa clutch will help with slow driving.

Milos

LBR
10-18-2015, 09:29 AM
The demo YXZ that factory reps took out into our dunes didn't fair so well. Mr. Hotshot headed out from South Jetty staging area, immediately went from the sand down into some tree shot trails.....tree shot trails that are quad width only... and got stuck in the trees on an off camber sand trail. They spent the rest of day recovering it with a quad with winch. YXZ was scraped up on passenger rear fender. Did I mention Mr. Hotshot smoked the clutch trying to get back out of a trail all of us local UTV riders know never to get into in the first place?

This is the same thing as last Halloween at SM with the know it all factory reps piloting these demos to show all of us how good they are. That Maverick Turbo demo was totalled is our understanding.

Rant over.

EPL
10-18-2015, 09:33 AM
the demo yxz that factory reps took out into our dunes didn't fair so well. Mr. Hotshot headed out from south jetty staging area, immediately went from the sand down into some tree shot trails.....tree shot trails that are quad width only... And got stuck in the trees on an off camber sand trail. They spent the rest of day recovering it with a quad with winch. Yxz was scraped up on passenger rear fender. Did i mention mr. Hotshot smoked the clutch trying to get back out of a trail all of us local utv riders know never to get into in the first place?

This is the same thing as last halloween at sm with the know it all factory reps piloting these demos to show all of us how good they are. That maverick turbo demo was totalled is our understanding.

Rant over.

lol !!

Lennart
10-18-2015, 09:43 AM
The demo YXZ that factory reps took out into our dunes didn't fair so well. Mr. Hotshot headed out from South Jetty staging area, immediately went from the sand down into some tree shot trails.....tree shot trails that are quad width only... and got stuck in the trees on an off camber sand trail. They spent the rest of day recovering it with a quad with winch. YXZ was scraped up on passenger rear fender. Did I mention Mr. Hotshot smoked the clutch trying to get back out of a trail all of us local UTV riders know never to get into in the first place?

This is the same thing as last Halloween at SM with the know it all factory reps piloting these demos to show all of us how good they are. That Maverick Turbo demo was totalled is our understanding.

Rant over.

You would think if the manufacture was sending some do demo the vehicle it you be someone that was good in it !

Beach Leo
10-18-2015, 09:56 AM
yammy has to get in game>>>like polaris and can-am

You-Know put a bunch of there rigs in a semi, drive around the country with-em

Let every-1 test drive-em

Ed Harvey
10-18-2015, 10:01 AM
It makes me laugh when read things about this fat raptor. How much more is this clutch? You see the people that buy one ripping it apart and replacing everything in it but this is the best thing ever made. And just pisses people off when you agree with them about this thing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

milosusa
10-18-2015, 01:47 PM
It makes me laugh when read things about this fat raptor. How much more is this clutch? You see the people that buy one ripping it apart and replacing everything in it but this is the best thing ever made. And just pisses people off when you agree with them about this thing.

You don't need this clutch at all. Just saying maybe for people who want to go slow will help....maybe not.
At $700 is not so expensive, if you compare what people spend just for shocks on XP 1000 to get out of body roll or bucking.imo
Milos

Ed Harvey
10-18-2015, 01:56 PM
That's not to bad I thought it would be a lot more. I was just thinking back before it came out everybody was all jacked up about it now things are starting ot come out that it's not so good.

milosusa
10-18-2015, 02:16 PM
To soon to say how they will do, It is not so many yet in hands of regular customers , lot of them was purchase by aftermarket manufacturer . But so far who bought them don't set anything wrong about them at all, just not to be for everybody, but I am pretty sure now that Yamaha never planned to made this car for everybody like their Raptors or 450 are not for everybody, but still best selling sport quads. IMO
Milos

gridman
10-18-2015, 02:21 PM
I bet direct drive is already working on a lock out clutch for these that will make a big difference

Mike621
10-18-2015, 03:58 PM
I was out at Prairie City again today, getting some more miles on the Mav, went over to the UTV track and there was a YXZ ripping around, I started following him around the track, a few laps we got faster and faster, and started pushing each other was way fun, the track was perfect today with the rain we got on Saturday, can't wait for the 29th[emoji6][emoji106]

Ed Harvey
10-19-2015, 09:35 AM
I loved my yfz450 and i have the 3000watt generator no doubt they make a good product I didn't want to sell the 450 I just couldn't ride it anymore. I'm watching 4 different forums and i am starting to see a people have it starting to complain about it. Your wright it's not for everyone but some of these people are trying to do things it wasn't built for. I'm still sitting at home so I start trolling when i get board but it's all good.

EPL
11-09-2015, 06:37 AM
It doesn't look like the YXZ is very popular around here , our local dealer has 4 sitting there !!

gridman
11-09-2015, 10:07 AM
There is 2 at Roseville also

milosusa
11-09-2015, 02:49 PM
I think Yamaha made mistake to not release all colors. Lot of people don't want to pay extra like $2500 for yellow color and bead lock wheels. IMO
milos

Ripshift
11-09-2015, 04:14 PM
I think Yamaha made mistake to not release all colors. Lot of people don't want to pay extra like $2500 for yellow color and bead lock wheels. IMO
milos

I agree because there seems to be a lot of them sitting in the dealers showrooms .

Beach Leo
11-09-2015, 06:14 PM
It doesn't look like the YXZ is very popular around here , our local dealer has 4 sitting there !!Thats cool the price will come down

No Demand=Lower price

johnnycat8
11-09-2015, 06:31 PM
barnnet clutches has a way better clutch out now ....but more and more clutch failurs are popping up. also bent tie rods and a few otheir failurs some are selling them now after they didnt do well at glamis or woods.... oh well still a nice built sxs with growing pains just like all the other sxs's but its still ugly to me

EPL
11-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Thats cool the price will come down

No Demand=Lower price

The price can't get low enough for me to buy one !! Getting my new Polaris XP Turbo this week !!

johnnycat8
11-09-2015, 06:50 PM
The price can't get low enough for me to buy one !! Getting my new Polaris XP Turbo this week !!

faster by quite a bit too...... good choice ed.

EPL
11-09-2015, 06:52 PM
faster by quite a bit too...... good choice ed.

I was one of the people that was ready to by a Yamaha when they came out with a sport model but in my opinion it was a big FAIL !!

milosusa
11-09-2015, 07:03 PM
barnnet clutches has a way better clutch out now ....but more and more clutch failurs are popping up. also bent tie rods and a few otheir failurs some are selling them now after they didnt do well at glamis or woods.... oh well still a nice built sxs with growing pains just like all the other sxs's but its still ugly to me

Yeah people who selling them was trying to do stuff for what this car was never build. This car is made for dunes, desert where ever you can go fast, not for slow riding. IMO
milos

johnnycat8
11-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Yeah people who selling them was trying to do stuff for what this car was never build. This car is made for dunes, desert where ever you can go fast, not for slow riding. IMO
milos

yep milos a few guys i know that have one say they are bad ass in the flat open desert... but not great for climbing hills in the dunes. the gearing and clutch are a big pain they say. and the heat on your legs and trans noise is real bad but that has nothing to do with how it drives. over all they like it but not as fast as they thought.. nate at alba has a fast one and getting faster. weller racing is doing well with hers too... but to each his own its new and just like the rest problems will show up

gridman
11-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Mike from RPM has his new turbo kit done and its ripping, the weller car is running his kit also. I talked to him today and he loves the way it drives

EPL
11-09-2015, 07:49 PM
I think for the open desert it will be great but for the type of riding I do don't think it will be any good !!

jmack
11-09-2015, 07:51 PM
way too dam ugly for me.

johnnycat8
11-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Mike from RPM has his new turbo kit done and its ripping, the weller car is running his kit also. I talked to him today and he loves the way it drives

i saw a video of mikes car looks good. the pics on fb look killer

gridman
11-09-2015, 08:02 PM
What's really funny is how lots of peps thought how cool it would be to shift and now complaining that is no good, shifting sucks unless your in a real car

Mike621
11-09-2015, 08:07 PM
So glad I got the Mav Turbo, love the way it drives, Don't really know what Yamaha was thinking with this type of set up, even in the Desert there's steep hills, Rocky trails , look at Rally in the Rocks, that's mostly rock crawling, I think most people that drive it is going to slip the clutch to much in corners, hills, downhills, all adds up to lots of heat on the clutch, I think once the other colors come in, there will be even more YXZ at dealers, I wouldn't be surprised to see them selling for less than 15k come late spring, or Summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

milosusa
11-09-2015, 10:46 PM
What's really funny is how lots of peps thought how cool it would be to shift and now complaining that is no good, shifting sucks unless your in a real car

Agree 100 % , all the time everybody was complaining about stupid belt and they wish for manual trany. Now they can have a manual trany and complain about shifting...LOL
Which just support my theory , CVT is dummy proof that why we all like it, we don't need to learn or think about anything , just push the throttle and go...LOL
milos

gridman
11-10-2015, 05:52 AM
If they do a fire sale on them and want to give them away I will pick one up for sure tho lol

EPL
11-10-2015, 06:24 AM
Agree 100 % , all the time everybody was complaining about stupid belt and they wish for manual trany. Now they can have a manual trany and complain about shifting...LOL
Which just support my theory , CVT is dummy proof that why we all like it, we don't need to learn or think about anything , just push the throttle and go...LOL
milos

Yep !!

milosusa
11-10-2015, 07:11 AM
If they do a fire sale on them and want to give them away I will pick one up for sure tho lol

Me too, I actually like them, even the look and sometime will be little more fun to shift than just driving with boring CVT, but maybe only sometimes...LOL
milos

gridman
11-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Me too, I actually like them, even the look and sometime will be little more fun to shift than just driving with boring CVT, but maybe only sometimes...LOL
milos

The blue will look good and you know the power this motor can make, I love my RZR's but why not a few more sxs's I remember when I had 12 quads LOL

milosusa
11-10-2015, 08:50 AM
The blue will look good and you know the power this motor can make, I love my RZR's but why not a few more sxs's I remember when I had 12 quads LOL

Yeah, those engines are bullet proof, they pump them to 300 HP in sleds. Plus it is really quality build SxS compare to Polaris, you can see that immediately, nothing rattle or have a loose feeling. IMO
milos

Sandfreak
11-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Was really hoping it would be a do all machine like run Rubicon one weekend and Glamis the next, but after spending some wheel time in one its not going going to work for the wife and I. Just too tall geared for the riding we do. Really glad Yamaha is back in the sport sxs game though.

Flash
11-16-2015, 06:34 AM
Was really hoping it would be a do all machine like run Rubicon one weekend and Glamis the next, but after spending some wheel time in one its not going going to work for the wife and I. Just too tall geared for the riding we do. Really glad Yamaha is back in the sport sxs game though.

I have always had Yamahas and was really hoping they would bring something great out , the YXZ was a big disappointment to me .

milosusa
11-16-2015, 07:38 AM
I have always had Yamahas and was really hoping they would bring something great out , the YXZ was a big disappointment to me .

Just curious , I heard that lot, but nobody really set what they was hoping for ... what do you think will be a great ?
milos

DLFoust
11-16-2015, 07:47 AM
Just curious , I heard that lot, but nobody really set what they was hoping for ... what do you think will be a great ?
milos

I'm not sure what I would say would be great but to start with personally don't like the shifting factor .

Mike621
11-16-2015, 11:44 AM
milos

I think Honda's set-up is good, with a paddle type shifter on the steering wheel, with full auto mode, with Low gear selection , and front locker, but with that it would also have to handle the big power output that's out now. They can probably do it, but how much would it cost.

Lennart
11-16-2015, 05:12 PM
I think Honda's set-up is good, with a paddle type shifter on the steering wheel, with full auto mode, with Low gear selection , and front locker, but with that it would also have to handle the big power output that's out now. They can probably do it, but how much would it cost.

Something like thing may work ok !

Mike621
02-26-2016, 08:44 PM

New color , like the red, [emoji106]🏽

Pipelayer
02-27-2016, 07:10 AM
My son in law has trying to decide wether or not to buy one.

Mike621
02-27-2016, 07:34 AM
My son in law has trying to decide wether or not to buy one.

I still like the YXZ ,but not as an adventure SXS, that's why I got the CAN-AM, I would still like to have one as an light weight Desert/ Sand car.

KNB
02-27-2016, 07:59 AM
I hear a lot of people complaining about shifting, personally that's what I like most about it, being a truck driver I like gear selection

The Rattler (BLR)
02-27-2016, 08:53 AM
Rumors are flying that next year they will have a couple of options with gear ratios for those that want to rock crawl...

neil11975
02-27-2016, 09:17 AM
It need to have a hi-low transfer case so you can dune it and rock crawl. I think that is the only way they will be able to totally compete with Polaris and Can-am.

Pipelayer
02-27-2016, 07:01 PM
There was one out at Johnson Lane that went by bangin the gears lookin like he was havin a really good time