PDA

View Full Version : question for all

eigermike
10-06-2015, 04:51 PM
why do people drive so fast on the trails in the mountains? why do people go around objects on the trail ? please give me your feedback thanks mike::confused:

EPL
10-06-2015, 05:15 PM
How fast do you call fast ?? What objects are you talking about ?? Trees , Rocks ??

eigermike
10-06-2015, 05:26 PM
over 15mph would that be a safe guess and anything that is on the trail rocks trees that are down ect:)

eigermike
10-06-2015, 05:34 PM
1053 which way would you go be honest?

EPL
10-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Most of the time i go around 20-25 mph . I remember you from the High Lake ride and you were riding a quad . I think the reason most people in SXS's may drive faster is because they are so much smoother then a quad . As for driving around things we stop and move stuff but if we can get around it for the most part we do because it can be a pain to get in and out of a SXS depending on what seat belts you have. What bugs me is that when we come across a down tree we remove the section of tree across the entire trail but some people I has seen on smaller vehicles only cut out just what they need to get past .

eigermike
10-06-2015, 05:49 PM
agree with you about the smoother part!!!! lucky guys!!!!!!! and agree with you about the tree cutting !!!! best thing is when they cut just enough for a bike! cracks me up:rolleyes:

EPL
10-06-2015, 05:54 PM
agree with you about the smoother part!!!! lucky guys!!!!!!! and agree with you about the tree cutting !!!! best thing is when they cut just enough for a bike! cracks me up:rolleyes:

Around here on the trails they only cut wide enough for quads because many of them don't like SXS's. Thats why many times if I can just go over it I will !!

drtfun
10-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Mike I do try and stay on trail at all times sometimes need to go around
don't be offended but I go as fast as I possibly can just love the speed
I don't drink, smoke, drugs got to have one bad habbit:p

Mike621
10-06-2015, 06:15 PM

[emoji106][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eigermike
10-06-2015, 06:17 PM
where is it that u ride? clearing trails is one of my hobbies!!! love my saws and keeping trails up! seems that scs are getting alot of blame and im trying to figure out the why and what can be done. haters are going to hate i run into haters all the time and they dont even know all the work that my groupe does to keep things open!

eigermike
10-06-2015, 06:26 PM

im not offended at all and understand speed is a awesome thing ! just trying to get peoples input thanks

EPL
10-06-2015, 06:51 PM
I spend many hour every year clearing trails around Shasta County .

crazywatson
10-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Going fast is a point of perspective. What is fast to one person is slow to another. Also the more you ride a trail naturally you will go faster. The more you get use to a vehicle the faster you will go too.
I know a member who we will not name (name rhymes with Malfa Raz) use to ride pretty slow. Over the years he has rode faster and faster. He rides just about as fast as anyone now (accept me) Watching someone go by also always looks faster then sitting behind the wheel too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

eigermike
10-06-2015, 07:54 PM
you are right fast to one person nay be slow to another! you also said the more you ride a trail the faster you go i understand that to. the more your bike quad jeep truck sxs is fixed up the better it handles the faster you can go! i think it comes down to respect .

eigermike
10-06-2015, 07:56 PM
I spend many hour every year clearing trails around Shasta County .

thanks for the work you do on the trails!!!!

EPL
10-06-2015, 08:19 PM
thanks for the work you do on the trails!!!!

Thank you , I look at it that if everyone does there share its makes for better riding for everyone . There are many people around here that help clear trails !!

Lennart
10-06-2015, 08:23 PM
I probably ride faster but it's just fun .

Mike621
10-06-2015, 10:07 PM
where is it that u ride? clearing trails is one of my hobbies!!! love my saws and keeping trails up! seems that scs are getting alot of blame and im trying to figure out the why and what can be done. haters are going to hate i run into haters all the time and they dont even know all the work that my groupe does to keep things open!

Where do you do trail maintenance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XS-Cash
10-07-2015, 07:50 AM
I will admit I drive faster then probably should but its fun.

crazywatson
10-07-2015, 08:52 AM
you are right fast to one person nay be slow to another! you also said the more you ride a trail the faster you go i understand that to. the more your bike quad jeep truck sxs is fixed up the better it handles the faster you can go! i think it comes down to respect .
So when does this respect for a speed limit come into play? All the time? When your passing someone doing trail maintenance? Or something I'm not getting? I agree when passing you should slow way down or going by someone stopped so you don't leave them in a cloud of dust. Other then that I want to drive at a fast pace myself.

Yellow Toy
10-07-2015, 09:07 AM
So when does this respect for a speed limit come into play? All the time? When your passing someone doing trail maintenance? Or something I'm not getting? I agree when passing you should slow way down or going by someone stopped so you don't leave them in a cloud of dust. Other then that I want to drive at a fast pace myself.

I like to drive fast some of the time on the trails , I think the respect would be to slow down if you are passing someone in either direction and if you pass someone going the same direction not to leave them in a cloud of dust. Also if you come up on a slower vehicle give them a chance to pull over in a safe spot don't try to push them off the trails just to get by .

Yellow Toy
10-07-2015, 09:08 AM
as for me I do trail clearing with my friends around the area we live and ride most of the time .

AlfaBaz
10-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Going fast is a point of perspective. What is fast to one person is slow to another. Also the more you ride a trail naturally you will go faster. The more you get use to a vehicle the faster you will go too.
I know a member who we will not name (name rhymes with Malfa Raz) use to ride pretty slow. Over the years he has rode faster and faster. He rides just about as fast as anyone now (accept me) Watching someone go by also always looks faster then sitting behind the wheel too.

Well Steve, I'm not sure who that slow guy is............. "Fast" is definitely a matter of perspective. I've ridden (usually only once!) with a few adrenalin junkies that always want to be on the ragged edge of losing it, "pinned and sideways" to the extreme. To my built in speed limiter in the passenger seat, 40 is the max.

I like to go "fast" sometimes, but I don't want to have to stay completely focused on not making a mistake, especially if we are on mountain trails where the surroundings are spectacular. Also, right in the forefront of my mind is always concern about breaking something. Having no mechanical skills whatsoever means that anything I break, I pay for!

crazywatson
10-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Lol yeah he's a good guy you might know him.

Pipelayer
10-07-2015, 11:18 AM

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer Mod
10-07-2015, 11:47 AM
1053 which way would you go be honest?

I have 33" tires for a reason. I search out the hardest parts of any trail. Anyone that has wheeled with me can vouch for that lol

Fuzzy
10-07-2015, 01:52 PM
I like to ride fast some times but try to be respectful to others also .

crazywatson
10-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Yes that seems like a no Brainer but I guess some people I guess just don't get it. I would have to say blowing by a guy doing trail maintenance is pretty stupid for allot of reasons. They probably need some slap therapy.

Ed Harvey
10-07-2015, 04:43 PM
We run around at about 30to35 mph all day if we come up on something blocking the trail we clear it off and then you meet someone else on the trail you slow down or stop to get past . It just takes common sense out there and you can have a great ride.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

eigermike
10-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Where do you do trail maintenance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i do trail maintenance in the highlakes started a club called south side keepers we go anywhere needed!

eigermike
10-07-2015, 04:51 PM
as for me I do trail clearing with my friends around the area we live and ride most of the time .

thanks for your work to keep them open!

eigermike
10-07-2015, 04:51 PM

thanks for your work to keep them open!

eigermike
10-07-2015, 05:04 PM
to me when going fast, you have to look at the road and all your concentration is on whats in front of you! i used to ride dirt bikes and had sport quads ,i know what its like to go fast and enjoyed it!but that kind of riding was in places more suited to that type of riding. do you guys think speed afects the trail?

eigermike
10-07-2015, 05:10 PM
I have 33" tires for a reason. I search out the hardest parts of any trail. Anyone that has wheeled with me can vouch for that lol

Beer Mod . i like looking for the harder parts too!

Fast Pat
10-07-2015, 05:41 PM

I don't mind some hard areas but that isn't one for me !

Beer Mod
10-07-2015, 08:07 PM

Winch hill 3!! I'll play here's my buggy coming up that spot

eigermike
10-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Winch hill 3!! I'll play here's my buggy coming up that spot

very nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Lennart
10-08-2015, 06:15 AM

I like to crawl some but this is a little to much for me .

The Rattler (BLR)
10-20-2015, 08:16 AM
I'm the middle of the road type...yes I sometimes like the slow pace, sight seeing, I also like to rock crawl, but I also have that the need for speed...every type of riding has it time and place.....#1 although is safety for you and fellow OHVers

eigermike
10-21-2015, 04:27 PM
Just looking back on this post and thank you all for your input! most said they like to ride fast nothing wrong with that just be respectful of others and think about not tearing up the trails.