PDA

View Full Version : Rumors are Flying Now/ Honda Getting in Game?

Beach Leo
10-05-2015, 11:16 PM
Well now since Yamaha has finally decided to Throw the Ball and Produced a Sport UTV

Guess its Honda's Turn Now

Just believe it will happen this year or next

Thats what I heard any-way

I know its True, cause I read it on internet...lol

Whats Your Take?

Would love hear every-ones Speculations:):cool:

Mike621
10-06-2015, 07:02 AM
I think it will happen at some point, but haven't heard any rumors, like Yamaha people were saying for a couple years that they were coming out with a sport SXS.
If Honda dose come out with one they've been pretty quiet about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LBR
10-06-2015, 07:42 AM
Have heard Honda will have a beltless transmission drive like Yamaha, but also having low range and full manual or automatic capabilities. This sounds just like our little Honda 400 Rancher workhorse. If they could harness that to withstand UTV rigors and the entire package to go with it, may be a contender...any Honda fans in the house??

crazywatson
10-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Honda already has the engine and transmission package to build a sport utv. They are already making a 1000cc utility version with a semi automatic 5 speed electronically shifted. All they need to do is bump up the horsepower and put it in a sport chassis. They have the low range and everything in the utility. It's a really nice setup!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ed Harvey
10-06-2015, 09:36 AM
I grew up on Honda from the 90 to the 754 it would nice to see what they would make. I don't think I would jump over to Honda I don't want to start over I just about have the RZR the way I want it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Mike621
10-06-2015, 10:20 AM
I grew up on Honda from the 90 to the 754 it would nice to see what they would make. I don't think I would jump over to Honda I don't want to start over I just about have the RZR the way I want it.

Yeah Ed is nice to see new machines, but dose take a lot to set them up the way you want, I have lots of things I want to do to my new Mav but it's going to take at least a year to get there, and after that I don't think I would be in any hurry to start all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad777
10-27-2015, 08:10 PM

I'm a big fan of Honda, but like Ed, I've got my RZR just how I want it. I'm tired of spending money...time to just enjoy what I have and spend money traveling and riding new places.

Ed Harvey
10-27-2015, 08:26 PM
Ya me to I have some seats coming Bert's had a good price on a pair from the sand sport super show. Headed over to sand mountain NV. tomorrow a bunch of the crazies are there for Halloween going to go for a few days and check it out never been there should be fun.

johnnycat8
10-27-2015, 10:18 PM
Honda already has the engine and transmission package to build a sport utv. They are already making a 1000cc utility version with a semi automatic 5 speed electronically shifted. All they need to do is bump up the horsepower and put it in a sport chassis. They have the low range and everything in the utility. It's a really nice setup!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

that is what leos talking about it didnt make headlins but they are calling it a semi sport sxs nothing fancy

milosusa
10-27-2015, 11:36 PM
We waited 7 years for Yamaha to bring the sport SxS , we can wait another 7 for Honda to bring one too...LOL
milos

Lennart
11-02-2015, 06:50 AM
we waited 7 years for yamaha to bring the sport sxs , we can wait another 7 for honda to bring one too...lol
milos

x2 lol .

Flying Dog
11-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Hopefully they do better then Yamaha !

5150George
11-03-2015, 07:08 AM
we waited 7 years for yamaha to bring the sport sxs , we can wait another 7 for honda to bring one too...lol
milos

x2 ...

Yellow Toy
11-04-2015, 05:58 AM
I would like to see them get into the sport sxs's .

582RDB
11-08-2015, 06:27 AM
We'll have to wait and see what time has to bring .

Beer Mod
11-09-2015, 12:19 AM
I have my doubts honda will produce anything sporty

Mike621
11-27-2015, 11:06 AM
I have my doubts honda will produce anything sporty

I don't know, maybe if they get back to there roots, the Pilot was a cool machine in the late 80's early 90's ,would be nice with more choices out there, would also like to see Kawasaki get a little better sports wise. I think that new Polaris General is going to do well to, like the lay out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FBT
11-29-2015, 12:12 AM
I was in my local Honda shop getting some parts for my little 1977 CT-70 last week The sales manager there has been in that store for close to 20 years now, I've been trading there for longer than that.
We talked for a few minutes and I asked about a sport class UTV, mentioning that they had the "bones" with the 1000 and the paddle shift trans.
He told me that Honda gets very nervous when people use the words "Sport" and "UTV" in the same sentence. He doesn't think anything is in the pipeline, and he told me he would be surprised if one shows up in the next 5 years.
He went on to say that a lot of the smaller dealers with smaller sq. ft. showrooms and stores in general are not happy with having to use floor space to show the existing and new 700 Pioneers and I think there is a 500 as well. They are not thrilled about adding the 1000 to the mix. He told me at the dealer meetings there is backlash from some of the older franchisees stating things like,"We are motorcycle shops, we don't have the room for these things and our people are not asking for them."
He told me that even some of the warehouses they deal with are complaining about how much room they (the UTV's in shipping crates) take up.
He also pointed out that the sport quad market has slowed down a ton in our corner of the world. So many of the riding area have been closed that they are not really flooring any 450's at all. They can get you one but he tells me that the 450 hasn't seen any upgrades or improvements in 3-4 years. (I have no idea if this is true or not.) Honda is not putting $$ into sport ATV R&D, either.
Looking around that store it is pretty clear the owner is focusing on street bikes and dual sports, and a smattering of straight dirt bikes. or at least that is what he is filling his showroom with. So, if you believe what this man is saying it sounds like the whole infrastructure and dealer support for pushing a full-on sport UTV is, lukewarm at best, and they are not really pushing Honda to get in the game.
While you and I see this as a real lively market, and just looking at Polaris and the success they've had marketing their sport UTV's, and the obvious response from Can Am and now Yamaha you'd think the big Red Machine would want in on a piece of the action, but judging only on "what I heard" the other day I don't think they see things the same way we do, and I don't think a sport 1000 is coming anytime soon.
Of course he could be feeding me a line of BS, but that isn't like him....

LBR
11-29-2015, 08:55 AM
Wow....thanx so much for this lengthy insite.....this has the worth of most technical articles.

I have never given thought to owning a small store and having my mfg. forcing me to lose floor space with something I didn't want when I could instead have 4 bikes in that space knowing I could turn them over yearly.

Flying Dog
11-29-2015, 06:48 PM
I don't see Honda doing anything anytime soon .

EPL
11-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Wow....thanx so much for this lengthy insite.....this has the worth of most technical articles.

I have never given thought to owning a small store and having my mfg. forcing me to lose floor space with something I didn't want when I could instead have 4 bikes in that space knowing I could turn them over yearly.

I know a couple of people that own Harley stores and all most went broke because they were forced to have a certain size show room and had to spend a lot of money then as everyone knows the bottom dropped out !!

johnnycat8
11-29-2015, 07:24 PM

polaris is doing this too, they are forcing small dealers out to make room for the large stores. the big ones get first dibs at new stuff and the small guys get nada.