PDA

View Full Version : XP 1000 Roll-Over Repair Recommendation

jkelnhofer
09-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Hello all -

The day before Labor Day I rolled my 2015 XP1000 onto its lid at about 40-45mph going around a corner (NO INJURIES!!!). I had been around that corner about 20 times over the years and there was always a tractor parked there blocking access to an adjacent road. Well on this day, they parked it in the middle of the trail. So in my attempt to avoid the tractor, I made a hard right and then harder left and over she went. We were able to flip her back onto the wheels and actually was able to drive it back to staging.

Fast forward three weeks. Insurance FINALLY approved the claim and I am looking for shop recommendations. I know the default place in my area is Lee's. I bought her in Reno so have not had any experience with any local shops when it comes to repair. I am willing to take it within reasonable distance from Redding, but again have no experience with the local area shops when it comes the RZR.

Here's the damage that I can tell I have:

- The whole passenger side plastic is broken from the front to the rear including the plastic in the bed
- The metal top is damaged
- The whole front clip is pushed back about 5-6 inches on the drivers side and about 3-4 inches on the drivers side
- The hood is buckled due to the front clip being bent
- The hood cover is pretty tore up
- I can't tell if the Roll Bar was tweaked or just stressed, as there is what looks to be a small crack in it (I can't tell for sure) behind the passenger side
- Passenger side door is bent
- The front wheel looks to be bent but still holds air
- Both front headlights are broken from their mounts. The lights look okay but are just hanging there now.
- I have a $800 custom rack mounted on the rear that has been bent over on the passenger side

That's about all I can tell about the extent of the damage. I am not an expert, but the suspension looks fine and everything looks to be straight underneath but obviously needs to be evaluated by a reputable shop.

I am also not sure to what extent the insurance will repair the machine. I am not sure if it's like a car and they make it look new or if they just repair structural parts and say tough luck on the aesthetics.

So I am basically looking for any expertise or anyone with experience in repairs or that have had to go through this before and what I should look for or know before selecting a shop for repair. I am not sure if there are shops that go to bat for the owner as opposed to siding with the insurance companies? An example would be my Custom Rack. I am not sure if that's something that would be covered since it was purchased with the RZR (I did not add it later on).

I just though I would throw this out to the UTV guys and see what sort of responses I got back. I appreciate your time and look forward to reading some good feedback!

Thanks all,

Sincerely,

Jason

neil11975
09-22-2015, 07:56 PM
I have never dealt with this personally, but from what I have heard, if the frame is bent at all, the insurance company will total it out. If it ended up on the roof, I would replace the roll cage even if it looks fine. I don't know about you, but I don't have the greatest trust in Lee's service department. I just watched them load a ranger onto a trailer for a customer and the passenger door was open and they crunched it. LOL. Do you think you could get the check from the insurance company and do the repairs yourself and get good quality aftermarket parts?
I know Mike here on the forum just went through the insurance process on his 900. I am sure he has some good advice for you. Good luck.....Neil

orangecrush
09-22-2015, 09:13 PM
I would go to red bluff Yamaha and Polaris they're the best around here

Beer Mod
09-22-2015, 09:21 PM
I agree! Robert is one of the nicest guys you'll meet :)

Mike621
09-22-2015, 10:45 PM
I didn't have a chose to fix mine, insurance guy looked at my 900, bottom of main frame just behind the front driver side wheel was bent up, so he said it's considered totaled. But if I had a chose I would go to Red Bluff, they have a better shop IMO, Good luck hope you get it fixed up soon, and back on the trail, saw a video from Shock Therapy on there front sway bar they are selling now, made a huge difference in how it handled, if I had an XP1k I would buy it asap after watching the video.
Again good luck with repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk