PDA

View Full Version : Possible Polaris Lawsuit

DLFoust
08-31-2015, 06:08 PM
Has anyone else seen anything about this ????

http://fox13now.com/2015/08/27/attorney-for-family-of-teen-girl-severely-burned-in-crash-says-polaris-should-consider-vehicle-recall/

MrH
08-31-2015, 06:24 PM
Bad timing for Polaris with The Yamaha launching.

LBR
08-31-2015, 07:25 PM
My heart goes out to Baylee and the family, but IMO if this lawsuit ever did leave the runway, it will never fly if as reported.

Scrat
08-31-2015, 08:05 PM
My heart goes out to Baylee and the family, but IMO if this lawsuit ever did leave the runway, it will never fly if as reported.

I have to agree , Things don't add up !

EPL
09-01-2015, 07:17 AM
You have to feel sorry for the little girl !! My problem is the story just doesn't make sense of how it happened.

gridman
09-01-2015, 08:02 AM
This is tuff sure glad she will make it, we were there last year when the dude in St A got burned this stuff just sucks

Ruckzuck
09-01-2015, 08:27 AM
Said the day before they drove the rzr four hours with no issue. Then the next day were on the rzr for 10min going 5 mph when it turned over and burst into flames . No matter what happened the condition of this young girl is devastating

MrH
09-01-2015, 08:41 AM
How do you flip over a rzr going 5 mph? On the side of a hill, maybe. Sounds a bit fishy but I sure hope the girl will be ok.

582RDB
09-05-2015, 07:18 PM
I don't see it going any place !

The Rattler (BLR)
09-25-2015, 04:43 PM
I want all my friends with Polaris's
Please be careful..this is very scary and can happen to anyone of you
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=138769959531924

johnnycat8
09-25-2015, 06:48 PM
it was a rental so possable not maintained, or was their the normall gas can in bed ???? but i have readf this from when it happen they claim 5 mph on flat ground made a slow turn and it rolled over that i find hard to belive. feel for the girl i still have a huge scar on my arm from a burn back in the 70's had a skin graft

Mike621
09-25-2015, 09:09 PM
Why is it that we see all these RZR's burning up? People say well they had a gas can in the bed? Or some other thing that starts fires? How come I never see others burning up, I mean people with Yamaha Rhino's , Kawasaki Teryx , Can Am Commanders, Arctic cats, also carry gas and other stuff, but we don't see them burning up? I personally don't see how they can start fire just riding them, but we never really hear the root cause, is this just all a conspiracy against Polaris ? I guess without knowing the exact cause we are all just guessing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AlfaBaz
09-25-2015, 09:20 PM
Why is it that we see all these RZR's burning up? People say well they had a gas can in the bed? Or some other thing that starts fires? How come I never see others burning up, I mean people with Yamaha Rhino's , Kawasaki Teryx , Can Am Commanders, Arctic cats, also carry gas and other stuff, but we don't see them burning up? I personally don't see how they can start fire just riding them, but we never really hear the root cause, is this just all a conspiracy against Polaris ? I guess without knowing the exact cause we are all just guessing?

I suspect part of the answer is simple logistics. There are probably 5 times as many RZRs as there are all other sport side by sides combined.

Beach Leo
09-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Does seem to be a Polaris Thing

Was Reading this today

Marc Burnett lost 2 XP Race Vehicles yesterday while pre-running the course...

Marc's Pre-Runner and Race XP both burned to the ground...

Today was one of the worst days of my life. I started my day off going down to the Score Imperial Valley 250 to Pre-run the course. Everything was going great until mile marker 15 when our pre-runner caught fire! We jumped out of the car and tried putting it out with our fire extinguishers but that did not work. We had to sit there and watch the car burned to the ground. We then went back to the pits and got our race car out of the trailer to pre-run the rest of the course. I started right where I left off at mile marker 15 everything was going great except my foot was in a lot of pain. We got to mile marker 37 and the car lost fuel pressure and died. My Copilot saw the flames in his rear view mirror first. He was screaming at me to get out of the car if you don't know I have a huge boot on my foot from my injury and it is a task to get into the car and out of the car with this boot. But when he said the car was on fire I could not believe it, two cars in One Day! WTF!! I jumped out of the car so fast and I had to crawl on the ground to safety because I couldn't walk. I realized today if I did not have bad Luck I would have No Luck at all. I'm just glad me and my copilot are safe and OK. I want to thank @scoreinternational and Crew for the rapid response to both of our car on fire. I also want to Thank polaris rzr for all their support this year and sticking by me.

EPL
09-25-2015, 09:31 PM
The problem I see is there are to many lawyers in this world. Just look at all the BS Yamaha went through because of IDIOT'S

Mike621
09-25-2015, 09:32 PM
I suspect part of the answer is simple logistics. There are probably 5 times as many RZRs as there are all other sport side by sides combined.

Yes there are a lot of RZR's out there, probably 10 to 1 but still why is there even 1% that burn, and I don't know the percentage of the ones we see pictures of, when we see cars and trucks that fail, and hurt people, things start getting done, back in the 70's Ford Pintos would burst into flame from hitting them from behind, pintos are no more, now Chevy is in a big cover up with key switches, I just think we spend good money on our machines, just wish the manufacturer would stand behind there products, and I'm talking about all of them.

Beach Leo
09-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Mine has not Caught Fire Yet!!!

Just some melted plastic by the exhaust

Came Close to Catching ,but Close don't Count

Only in Horseshoes, Hand grenades and Nuclear Bombs>>> Does Close Count

Beer Mod
09-25-2015, 09:50 PM
^^ mine has

johnnycat8
09-25-2015, 11:39 PM

i have photos of every brand burned up rhinos too

johnnycat8
09-25-2015, 11:41 PM
as to how. the gas cans get hot sitting in the bed and build up pressure and then start to leak on the eng and the hot ex or spark plugs coil can ste it off

johnnycat8
09-25-2015, 11:45 PM
also some have been modified with turbos and some have fuel cels and this includes cutting/splicing fuel lines.... leaks...many things the owner has done or not taking care of maintenance

The Rattler (BLR)
09-26-2015, 12:10 AM
It is beginning to sound like a fuel rail getting hot and the solder melting and starts spilling gas...The 2 in our area that have burnt to the ground have had NO modifications and neither were caring extra fuel...

KNB
09-26-2015, 07:54 AM
When you carry a gas can in a rzr it sits over the engine but the rhino's and terex's the engine is between the seats, less thing's for fuel to leak on and catch fire

Mike621
09-26-2015, 08:47 AM
When you carry a gas can in a rzr it sits over the engine but the rhino's and terex's the engine is between the seats, less thing's for fuel to leak on and catch fire

That's true, Can Am too, guess will see if the new Yamaha start burning to the ground then that would defiantly be the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk