PDA

View Full Version : My XP9 RZR is done.

Mike621
08-06-2015, 12:02 PM
The insurance guy came out and looked at my RZR XP900, he measured the frame on both sides, took pictures and said the frame is bent back and up, both front shocks are bent, driver side is rubbing the shock body
So he took pictures of the Vin, and miles, he said I can take my after market parts off, and put all stock parts on, cause that's how it was insured. He said there going to come next week sometime to pick it up,
It was a good machine never broke down or gave me any problems, only got one ride with my new power steering.
Don't really know what I'm going to get now? Guess I'll have to start shopping and do a little research , find out about the new machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPL
08-06-2015, 12:20 PM
sorry to here this Mike but I guess it gives you a reason to upgrade !!

Ruckzuck
08-06-2015, 12:23 PM
sorry to here this Mike but I guess it gives you a reason to upgrade !!

I guess this is one way to look at it but it seems you always loose money.

neil11975
08-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Man, that really stinks Mike. Sorry to hear that. That was a nice machine. Hopefully you can get some money for your aftermarket parts by selling them. Did you keep the stock cage when you upgraded yours? If anyone on this forum doesn't have their machine insured, do it before you go on one more ride.

Mike621
08-06-2015, 01:01 PM
Yeah I still have stock cage ,nets and seat belts , so will just sale the cage and doors, I'll put stock seats and wheel /tires on too, try and sale them , but yeah not going to really make any money on the parts.
I would have like to upgrade just didn't know it would have been this soon.

Beach Leo
08-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Wow Mike did not know your rig got messed up

Sorry to hear about it

What happen?

Mike621
08-06-2015, 02:19 PM
Wow Mike did not know your rig got messed up

Sorry to hear about it

What happen?

I hit that stump that was it the trail on the Castle Crags ride, I knew I hit hard, but?
Bob and I were in the garage and he notice it,
When I got home last time I just hosed it off and put it back in the garage, glad I found it before we road this weekend.
Bob and I are going to ride the quads.

Beach Leo
08-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Guess there is no-way they can put it on frame straightener to get it lined back up?

crazywatson
08-06-2015, 02:56 PM
You can buy it back from insurance and get a new frame for it.

Mike621
08-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Guess there is no-way they can put it on frame straightener to get it lined back up?

I've read that people do straighten them, but insurance don't even mess with it, I don't really know what they do with it

crazywatson
08-06-2015, 04:30 PM
They auction them off to salvage companies who part them out. You always have the option to buy it back from insurance though.

EPL
08-06-2015, 05:09 PM
They auction them off to salvage companies who part them out. You always have the option to buy it back from insurance though.

The problem with buying them back they become salvage which means it harder to sell , worth less, and can't get full coverage insurance .

crazywatson
08-06-2015, 06:23 PM
Yes this is true.

AlfaBaz
08-06-2015, 07:18 PM
The problem with buying them back they become salvage which means it harder to sell , worth less, and can't get full coverage insurance .

But, if the price is right..............

Mike621
08-06-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm just going to move on, but probably going to wait until the new Yamaha comes out.

G Billy
08-06-2015, 11:31 PM
Sorry to hear about ur set back???or not lol I didn't know u hit anything that weekend. .well goes without being said ur a crazy if u need some help let me know brother..lol my car is still down..don't even know Wats wrong with the front diff yet..this weekend take a look

Beer Mod
08-17-2015, 11:19 PM
I hit that stump that was it the trail on the Castle Crags ride, I knew I hit hard, but?
Bob and I were in the garage and he notice it,
When I got home last time I just hosed it off and put it back in the garage, glad I found it before we road this weekend.
Bob and I are going to ride the quads.

Do you remember what part of the trail we were on?

Mike621
08-17-2015, 11:31 PM
I'm not really sure , but we where on our way to the top where you can view Castle Crags and Mount Shasta, if it's clear out, it was all cloudy when we were up there, we had lunch there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beer Mod
08-17-2015, 11:50 PM
Ok I know where your talking about. I'm just trying to think of the stump... Sorry to hear you had a major issue on the run.

Mike621
08-18-2015, 12:17 AM
Ok I know where your talking about. I'm just trying to think of the stump... Sorry to hear you had a major issue on the run.

Bob hit it with his 4 seater, and it knocked him off the trail, I didn't think it looked to bad, when I hit it , it threw the car sideways and I just gassed it and keep going, didn't really thing about it after that, till I got home.
All good now, just shopping around looking at what I'm going to get now. [emoji2]

CrazyCooter
08-18-2015, 07:19 AM
Lots of people get that stump in the Jeeps. Last time it tossed the guy side way and he almost rolled it!

Beer Mod
08-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Bob hit it with his 4 seater, and it knocked him off the trail, I didn't think it looked to bad, when I hit it , it threw the car sideways and I just gassed it and keep going, didn't really thing about it after that, till I got home.
All good now, just shopping around looking at what I'm going to get now. [emoji2]

Let's hope you get exactly what you want out of the deal!!