PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 Diesel

MrH
08-04-2015, 07:17 AM
I have had an issue with my truck since I was in Reno the last weekend of July. My truck will start up and run. Right before shifting into gear it dies. Then it won't start. It turns over but feels like it's starving for fuel. The dealer in Reno replaced the fuel filter housing and cleaned the injectors. He stated that the housing is a known issue for that truck because of heat and plastic parts.

I got the truck back and towed our trailer home last Tuesday. No issues. We drove the truck all week, no issues. Then Saturday am we went to the lake. Coming off the lake about 6:30 pm the truck started but then died like in Reno. I was able to start the truck after priming the fuel pump(Reno dealer showed me how). The truck has ran fine since but I did take it to our dealer yesterday to be checked out. They can't duplicate the issue and can't find anything wrong. They have kept it overnight so they can see if it does it this morning.

We are supposed to leave on another trip to Pismo on Thursday. Are there any diesel gurus out there with any suggestions?

By the way the engine has only a little over 4,000 miles on it. Chevy replaced it in January due to a oil pump failure.

MrH
08-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Just got the truck back from the dealer and they can't find anything wrong. Very frustrating.

johnnycat8
08-04-2015, 03:21 PM
besides that filter housing the primer pump plunger seal leaks too some times they replace it when doing the filter housing sometimes not

MrH
08-04-2015, 04:25 PM
besides that filter housing the primer pump plunger seal leaks too some times they replace it when doing the filter housing sometimes not

It was changed also. All pressure tests were ok yesterday.

Beer Mod
08-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Sounds like an intermittent issue with the fuel pump.

MrH
08-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Sounds like an intermittent issue with the fuel pump.

Well, I know with my luck lately it will fail on this trip. I have to get the bugs out before our Vegas/Phoenix trip in March.

AlfaBaz
08-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Well, I know with my luck lately it will fail on this trip. I have to get the bugs out before our Vegas/Phoenix trip in March.

The best way to get the bugs out of a Duramax is to trade it in on a Super Duty!

G Billy
08-04-2015, 06:45 PM
OUCH...That hurt..

EPL
08-04-2015, 06:50 PM
OUCH...That hurt..

Sometimes the truth hurts !! LOL

MrH
08-04-2015, 06:50 PM
The best way to get the bugs out of a Duramax is to trade it in on a Super Duty!

That sure did hurt!!! Lol

I'm a Chevy guy after what they did for me on the motor.

Scrat
08-04-2015, 06:51 PM
ouch...that hurt..

lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G Billy
08-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Yep, imma not touch that...I don't have anyone after me at this point..lol

Beach Leo
08-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Prolly the biggest problem that you and many are having

Since we Bail out GM They got even with us for not buying they stuff like we use to before the Japanese import invasion

They took our Money and built some Plants in China, so they could have greater profits That We all Paid For

Socialize the Losses and Privatize the Profits Like That

So its really not made here any-more, it mostly outsourced junk is what it is made of

So that is the root of the problem I believe

MrH
08-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Got into Pismo Thursday afternoon. Truck thru a code coming down the grade on hwy 101 near SLO. Got to the campground and unhooked. Then straight to the same dealer that changed out the motor. It was 2 codes, one was a stuck turbo and the other a turbo sensor. Cleared the codes and am now driving around town with no issues. Dealer claims it will be fine until I go down another grade. It will probably throw another code but should be good to get home. Of course my wife is having a fit. Lol

G Billy
08-09-2015, 12:24 PM
I get that..the wife would b having a fit..they don't like insecurity. .

MrH
08-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Made it home without having any issues. No codes. Wife was a happy camper. :)

EPL
08-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Made it home without having any issues. No codes. Wife was a happy camper. :)

It's always a good thing when the wife is happy !! Does she know how to make sandwich's ?? OH wait that is on a different thread !! LOL

MrH
08-10-2015, 07:24 PM
It's always a good thing when the wife is happy !! Does she know how to make sandwich's ?? OH wait that is on a different thread !! LOL

She makes fantastic sandwiches no matter which thread!! Lol