PDA

View Full Version : Lake Almanor?

jkelnhofer
07-30-2015, 10:24 AM
I hope I am posting this in the right section

I am headed to Rocky Point campground for Labor Day and staying at the Rocky Point Campground. I was wondering if anyone had been there before and if there was any good riding in the area? I am taking the RZR but really don't know what to expect.

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Ed Harvey
07-31-2015, 09:43 AM
Jason there is a small lake on the south side of the road at south end of the lake it's been a long time ago but was a riding area and there's a small campground I wish i could remember the name of it . The lady running it was a Nazi about her camp ! But it's a good spot to ride and you can always just get out in the woods and run the logging roads .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

jkelnhofer
08-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Thank you Ed. Great info. Look forward to meeting the folks on the forum in person in the coming months.

On another subject; anyone ever put together a XMAS Tree Cutting ride? I was planning on taking the RZR this year instead of the truck :) We have a great grove of silver tips up in the Lassen cutting area we've been going to for 10+ years. Hoping for snow this year as the last few years have been dry.

Jason

jmack
08-25-2015, 08:58 PM
we have a house up there, great riding on the west shore, can ride for days, I believe its humbug rd off 89 on the west shore that you can park and take off from.

Ed Harvey
08-25-2015, 11:14 PM
I don't think there's been one would be something to set up

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

EPL
08-27-2015, 05:10 PM
This basicly in the same area as the high lakes .