PDA

View Full Version : What would You Get? Which one should I get?

Beach Leo
07-15-2015, 12:37 PM
As You all know I prolly have the oldest RZR here:p

After Jeff }AKA}Pipelayer said>>> Leo time to get XP-!000

He Got my wheels spinning:confused:

Well my thought at this time are that I am glad I waited so long

The way these UTVs have progressed in the last 7 years is amazing

It would have been a waste of money say if I got an 800-S when they came out, cause they came out with 900-XP

2 years later and the same goes if I got 900-XP, cause 3 years later came out with 1000-XP

So the last 7 years of driving old-ass RZR Has Not be in Vain

So I wanna know every-ones thoughts on what I should do?

Should I keep old RZR for another 7 Years?

Should I wait for the sport Yamaha to come-out? Hope I live that long...lol

Should I get Can-Am Turbo? or What for X-P 1000 Turbo?

It is awesome to have all these choices. That is why I am asking for your Advice?

99.999% of my Riding is Trails

Money is an issue, cause I am a Cheap Bastard, Oh I really mean Furgal, because that is the politically correct word

neil11975
07-15-2015, 12:52 PM
If you are wanting a brand new side by side, I would wait to see what is happening in the next few months. Polaris will release their new stuff at the end of this month and that new Yamaha is supposed to be debuted in September. For the trail riding, having the most power isn't really all that important. I would be looking for the one with the best suspension setup. I think they all come with power steering now. But if not, that is a must. If Polaris comes out with a new turbo, you might still want to wait to see how it is holding up before you spend your hard earned money on it. Good luck.

Coueshunter
07-15-2015, 03:11 PM
I'd wait to get a yamaha

AlfaBaz
07-15-2015, 03:49 PM
It depends on whether you want to make payments or not. I know I'm slow but the fast guys don't have to wait too long at the turns for me, and like the line from American Graffiti says, there will always be someone faster. If you want to spend $20K, fine. Get a new 1000. But when the XP1000s came out the price on used XP900s dropped like a rock. You will be able to get a very nice one for half the cost of a new 1000. And on the trails, you'll keep up with the 1000s just fine.

Mike621
07-15-2015, 05:09 PM
I think Yamaha is going to come out with something good, even the new Wolverine is getting good reviews , as far as trail machines go.
It's defiantly going to be interesting to see what is come at the end of the year.
I never drove a UTV with locking Diff , but I think it would work well on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G Billy
07-15-2015, 07:43 PM
I agree with Mike it will b interesting

EPL
07-15-2015, 08:09 PM
It depends on whether you want to make payments or not. I know I'm slow but the fast guys don't have to wait too long at the turns for me, and like the line from American Graffiti says, there will always be someone faster. If you want to spend $20K, fine. Get a new 1000. But when the XP1000s came out the price on used XP900s dropped like a rock. You will be able to get a very nice one for half the cost of a new 1000. And on the trails, you'll keep up with the 1000s just fine.

A XP900 would be great for you Leo !! They have plenty of power just don't ride as good as the XP1000. But them again compared to your 800 it would be like riding in a limo !! LOL

crazywatson
07-15-2015, 09:42 PM
Even if you bought a 900xp, in a few months when the new stuff gets released they will go down even more. The new 900's might be a good option for you too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

EPL
07-15-2015, 09:59 PM
Even if you bought a 900xp, in a few months when the new stuff gets released they will go down even more. The new 900's might be a good option for you too.

I didn't think to much of the new 900 because they have gone back to the 800S style platform .

Beach Leo
07-15-2015, 10:02 PM
Tanks Guys for all your in-put

I have seen some 900-XPs around for 12-14 Grand I believe that to be to high for a used machine

Why would I get one of those when new 900-S I have seen for 14 Grand

Prolly going to take, good advice and wait till the new stuff is out

Would really like the 900-XP over 900-S, Cause of the extra 16 HP she make

AlfaBaz
07-15-2015, 10:05 PM
I love my 900XP! (be sure to get power steering!)

Beach Leo
07-15-2015, 10:08 PM
I love my 900XP! (be sure to get power steering!)Yep after talking with you and others this last week-end

Power Steering seems to be the Ticket

Pipelayer
07-16-2015, 11:49 AM
Well at least we got you talking about doing it.. Lol. If you're looking for new, wait until fall when the factories put out the rebates and incentives. If you're thinking 1000, check to make sure your trailer is long enough. If Yamaha does come out with a nice machine, it would be cool to see you sporting one of the first ones that is if you don't have a heart attack when you see the sticker price... Lol

Beach Leo
07-16-2015, 01:09 PM
Yep prolly will get new, cause by the look of things does not seem people are asking a fair price for used

As a rule of thumb when it comes to these Cars. I believe any-thing used should sell for 50% less than new

I would sell mine for 50%- 70% less than I paid for it. So than if I sold it I would ask about $4,500.00

I know I could part it out for more. I prolly have $4500.00 in up-grades in it.

So just buy the up-grades and I throw the RZR in for Free and thats fair

Any-way will wait for all the new ones to come-out and prolly throw the ball this fall or winter

The only thing I am really starting to dis-like about Polaris is all the China Junk they use to build-em with

At least with a Japanese Car like Yamaha, There Quality is 10 times better Than China IMHO

johnnycat8
07-16-2015, 01:57 PM
in 2015 they went back to the cheep plastic sprags in the front diff, too small a voltage regulator so most have had to replace it and some many times, the 15's seem to have many problems, but some people have had none...go figure. i realy think they need to make another new eng as this one hasnt had all that good of a track record.... and im sure if the next ones have more goodies well see 30k plus prices for all of 5,000 in material

Beach Leo
07-16-2015, 02:55 PM
in 2015 they went back to the cheep plastic sprags in the front diff, too small a voltage regulator so most have had to replace it and some many times, the 15's seem to have many problems, but some people have had none...go figure. i realy think they need to make another new eng as this one hasnt had all that good of a track record.... and im sure if the next ones have more goodies well see 30k plus prices for all of 5,000 in materialYep JC8

Always is they sacrifice quality for profit at our expense, polaris stock up over 1,500% since 08

It really sucks in this day and age, How-ever if we keep buying the chit they put out they will for a fact not make-em any different

Yep I have said since the begging that the pro-star is a piss-poor design compared to the other makes such as yamaha Apex Sled or the Z-1 sled

Really effed up when you have to buy a sled or Bike for a real good engine

I feel that the Kotex Engine in Can-Am is the best Engine installed on a Stock machine, There Trannys are build better as well IMO

If a person was to read all the problems polaris has with the RZR line-up

They would never get one including my-self

Glad I never did reed the stuff I am more of a picture person

They looked way-cool on the out side, just the in-side is junk and very cheaply-made Again for the profit

I will not Hype-em any-more

I will call it the way I see it

Scoundrel
07-16-2015, 04:04 PM
A lot of it depends on what you consider "trails".
To some people that means a 50" path that winds between trees taking many sharp corners and going over huge roots and rocks and ruts from 4x4 vehicles.
To other people, "trails" are mildly bumpy service roads that are not paved with concrete or gravel, and about 10 feet wide.
A 50" trail version of a RZR 900 might not fit on a super twisty 50" wide trail due to the long wheel base.

So while you have many choices, they are somewhat narrowed down by the terrain you ride the most of.

Are you still happy with your current machine?
You're frugal, but want more power and better suspension, and power steering. You can spend some money to improve those things with your current machine, or you can spend a LOT more and get a new machine.

I'm still pretty happy with my 2010 S 800. I'm going to keep it until crap starts breaking faster than I can fix it.

If you're going to wait to see what comes out next, you'll wait forever.
If you're wanting to avoid buying and then being eclipsed by the next model, it's not gonna happen.

So you gotta figure out what you want, buy it, and not worry about the rest.

johnnycat8
07-16-2015, 04:36 PM
not to far from me is a nice 50in trail park... but the problem with it is sxs are not alowed as they "claim " they tear it up more.

Scoundrel
07-16-2015, 04:48 PM
Some people followed me as I rode my 48" ACE (with wheel and tire upgrades that brought me out to 50.5") on some ATV trails. They said I had rear tires off the trail on many of the turns, and I scraped a few trees. So I can kinda see their point. These vehicles are getting wider and longer (and now narrower and longer), and the trails were designed with ATVs in mind. SxS vehicles are very new, in terms of trail life cycle. Eventually we'll get there, but for now we're the new kids and we're tearing up narrow trails. It's just the way it is.

AlfaBaz
07-16-2015, 06:47 PM
Yep prolly will get new, cause by the look of things does not seem people are asking a fair price for used

As a rule of thumb when it comes to these Cars. I believe any-thing used should sell for 50% less than new

I would sell mine for 50%- 70% less than I paid for it. So than if I sold it I would ask about $4,500.00

I know I could part it out for more. I prolly have $4500.00 in up-grades in it.

So just buy the up-grades and I throw the RZR in for Free and thats fair

Any-way will wait for all the new ones to come-out and prolly throw the ball this fall or winter

The only thing I am really starting to dis-like about Polaris is all the China Junk they use to build-em with

At least with a Japanese Car like Yamaha, There Quality is 10 times better Than China IMHO

What people are asking and what they actually sell for are two entirely different things!

But if you don't like Polaris, how about a Turbo-Maverick?

Beach Leo
07-16-2015, 10:55 PM
What people are asking and what they actually sell for are two entirely different things!

But if you don't like Polaris, how about a Turbo-Maverick?Ya I see what you are saying Barry

Always ask more so you get what you what for it

I like RZR its very Fun Machine

How-ever I dislike the Quality of-em and the Fact that polaris moved its plant outa the usa

It seem to be pretty much an outsourced machine

Any-way that is way I feel it lacks any quality for the cost

I am going on my 3rd set of wheel bearing with only 12k on her

I replace wheel bearing on one of my cars, but it had over 200k on her

Scoundrel
07-17-2015, 08:11 AM
If you took your car where you take a RZR, you'd replace the wheel bearings a lot more often. And a lot of other stuff too. Apples to Oranges.

EPL
07-17-2015, 08:33 AM
If you took your car where you take a RZR, you'd replace the wheel bearings a lot more often. And a lot of other stuff too. Apples to Oranges.

This is true !!

Mike621
07-17-2015, 08:34 AM
I hear what your saying Leo about some of the quality of the RZR , but I think they all have Little quirks that people learn to live with. I've got my XP900 set-up pretty good right now.
If you stop and think about how fast we go over crazy rocky / rutted trails, it's defiantly taking some abuse on the wheels and suspension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Rattler (BLR)
07-17-2015, 08:48 AM
Leo...they are all good machines, everyone has there own preferences..I for one will say go Can Am..the fit and finish is second to none..The only issues I had with the commander was belts although 3 in 5000 miles is not bad for half of that being in sand... On my new Turbo...I have had zero issues..in 1200 miles...Lance does tell me I need to upgrade my Tierods...so I guess I had better listen to him...lol...
Bottom line...get what you heart tells you to buy..

Beach Leo
07-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Thank-You All for your opinions and advise

I Respect all of them

Keep-em coming

Pipelayer
07-17-2015, 09:00 PM

X3

Pipelayer
07-17-2015, 09:07 PM
The thing that I didn't like about the can am was that the front wheel drive doesn't lock in right away and you have to spin the rear wheels to get the front end to lock. In some situations that will put you in trouble when you could otherwise crawl though. Just my observation from a test ride that I took at my local OHV when they were doing their promo. Otherwise seemed to be a solid rig

CenCalSandman
07-17-2015, 09:26 PM
Funny to read that usually anyone that bashes the RZR 1K doesn't have one. I actually have two. 2014 XP4 1K and a 2015 1K two seater desert edition. I have nothing to say but good things about them. I ride hard and fast...never so much as lost a belt. Firm believer in proper belt break-in being the key to reliability!

Maybe the RZR haters are really just jealous!!! Ha ha! Seriously tho...nothing but praise for the Polaris.

AlfaBaz
07-17-2015, 11:01 PM
Funny to read that usually anyone that bashes the RZR 1K doesn't have one. I actually have two. 2014 XP4 1K and a 2015 1K two seater desert edition. I have nothing to say but good things about them. I ride hard and fast...never so much as lost a belt. Firm believer in proper belt break-in being the key to reliability!

Maybe the RZR haters are really just jealous!!! Ha ha! Seriously tho...nothing but praise for the Polaris.

I repeat, I love my XP900. It's my third RZR, and I had no problems with any of them. I think a lot of the "haters" just beat the crap out of their machines.

LBR
07-18-2015, 12:20 AM
The thing that I didn't like about the can am was that the front wheel drive doesn't lock in right away and you have to spin the rear wheels to get the front end to lock. In some situations that will put you in trouble when you could otherwise crawl though. Just my observation from a test ride that I took at my local OHV when they were doing their promo. Otherwise seemed to be a solid rig

The trick with all Can-ams is to switch into 4x4, then QUICKLY burp the throttle once and you are in "3" wheel drive from then on. They are different that most other UTVs as they shift in and out of front wheel power in the transmissions, not the front end.

Pipelayer
07-18-2015, 06:35 AM
I'm on my second RZR and i have no complaints on either one. The fact is that I bought the second because I was so happy with the first one.

Coueshunter
07-18-2015, 07:33 AM
Yamaha all the way!! Sold the XP1K in preparation for the yamaha.... It will be light years ahead of a Poolaris. No burning to the ground or under engineered components

crazywatson
07-18-2015, 03:00 PM
A large majority of RZR's that have burnt up were carrying fuel cans. Some weren't but most are.
I would buy a Yamaha. Are any dealers taking deposits? How long does it usually take Yamaha to put products in the dealership once there released usually?

johnnycat8
07-18-2015, 03:55 PM
A large majority of RZR's that have burnt up were carrying fuel cans. Some weren't but most are.
I would buy a Yamaha. Are any dealers taking deposits? How long does it usually take Yamaha to put products in the dealership once there released usually?

some have been the guys with the over voltage code that keep driving the regulator got so hot it caught fire but like steve said gas cans.

Coueshunter
07-18-2015, 07:55 PM

Not even close to being many... I've personally seen TWO burn to the ground with no fuel cans at all... That is just an rzrforums rumor started by polaris