PDA

View Full Version : Torsion bar upgrade

G Billy
07-13-2015, 10:47 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my tortious bar..I've been told recently that this will help my wagon from rolling so bad..Any advise of what to buy products wise??? I feel when I do that I need new radio us arms???any input would b great...

Beer Mod
08-06-2015, 02:17 PM
I upgraded my sway bar. It made a big difference on the 1K. I've thought about doing a front sway bar also. The new turbo 1K has both stock

Mike621
08-06-2015, 02:26 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my tortious bar..I've been told recently that this will help my wagon from rolling so bad..Any advise of what to buy products wise??? I feel when I do that I need new radio us arms???any input would b great...

I'm going to have a set of black Alba high clearance radius bars for sale, there HD perfect condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert900
02-15-2016, 08:41 AM

Old thread...

I removed my front sway bar prior to the recent Johnson Lane rides. The front was more compliant in reducing the rolling "bobble head effect", but it seemed to highlight the need to toss the stock shocks (Bandit Series 46 now on order). I'm looking forward to increased compression/rebound damping along with better, progressive spring rates to compensate somewhat for the sway bar removal. A little throttle and rear wheel slide to control the rolling tendency when the inside front wheel lifts is kind of fun, but not when in sand ruts that prevent rear end drift. In that case, letting off seems to be the only option (or slowing down).

Some rigs don't have front sway bars and some do, like the new Turbo. So my question is why if more articulation is needed for off-road? I understand the need for higher speed hardpack cornering, so maybe a quick release system would be good for those who feel the need for better chassis roll control, or less, depending on the riding conditions.

Personally, I'm staying with no front sway bar. I believe Bandit Suspensions recommends front sway bar removal when installing their shocks. We'll see when the shocks arrive.

Thoughts?