PDA

View Full Version : Reflashes

The Rattler (BLR)
06-09-2015, 12:14 PM
Who does reflashes for machines what companies and what has been your experience with any proformance advantage ? ?...PoPo, Wildcat, Kawasaki & Can Am

Beer Mod
06-09-2015, 12:15 PM
For popo no doubt hands down Mark Queen @ Queen racing. He has a bad boy tune for the 1K

TruckinRZR
06-09-2015, 02:31 PM
There's a forum member that's got a Mark Queen reflash story for you... and it's not pretty.

Sent from me

EPL
06-09-2015, 02:53 PM
There's a forum member that's got a Mark Queen reflash story for you... and it's not pretty.

Sent from me

I remember that but not all the details .

Beer Mod
06-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Oh boy *insert popcorn smiley*

The Rattler (BLR)
06-09-2015, 07:00 PM
So does Queen do anything besides PoPo??

Pipelayer
06-09-2015, 07:59 PM
Check out Evolution Power Sports. They do custom Ecu flashes for how your motor, fuel, pipe,turbo, elevation etc. sent mine to them and got it back in about a week or so. If you are doing motor mods, this is a must do..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer Mod
06-10-2015, 09:22 AM
So does Queen do anything besides PoPo??

Other than standalone programs I'm not sure. He will be doing my Vipec tune on my Z1

AlfaBaz
06-10-2015, 11:41 AM
I most certainly have no engine building skills whatsoever, but everything I've seen and heard tells me that horsepower is expensive! If a reflash, without other engine mods, could really achieve notable HP gains then everyone would be getting them! If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Beach Leo
06-10-2015, 11:49 AM
I most certainly have no engine building skills whatsoever, but everything I've seen and heard tells me that horsepower is expensive! If a reflash, without other engine mods, could really achieve notable HP gains then everyone would be getting them! If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.I do-not even really know what re-flash is? Guess it has to do with ECM? May-be some-one can chime in

If it would help my poor mileage old-ass RZR that would be good

As for as it being to good to be true, you may-be right as far as HP gains go

Beer Mod
06-10-2015, 03:04 PM
I do-not even really know what re-flash is? Guess it has to do with ECM? May-be some-one can chime in

If it would help my poor mileage old-ass RZR that would be good

As for as it being to good to be true, you may-be right as far as HP gains go

A re flash is when someone pulls your ECU to over write some of the stock parameters. Most of the time this will take out the over conservative tune from the factory. Usually they will allow the motor to rev higher and mess with fuel and timing. On a stock 1K I think queen claims 8hp but I don't remember. Also he ups the top speed to 90mph over the stock 77mph.

LBR
06-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Example for Maverick reflashes.....

For $450-500, on a NA (normally aspirated) Maverick, reflash will modify about 8 different parameters, but strictly speaking of RWHP, it is said to add 6.... I've never seen a claim of 8 yet.

On the Xds turbo for the same price, mostly same parameters, it is a 20 RWHP increase.

Beach Leo
06-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Way Good Info Beer Mod and Lance

Thank You

Beer Mod
06-10-2015, 08:41 PM
Example for Maverick reflashes.....

For $450-500, on a NA (normally aspirated) Maverick, reflash will modify about 8 different parameters, but strictly speaking of RWHP, it is said to add 6.... I've never seen a claim of 8 yet.

On the Xds turbo for the same price, mostly same parameters, it is a 20 RWHP increase.

Ya adding boost changes the rules! My motor is 177hp stock @12psi with the tune I have it's 300hp @30psi just the tune :)

Tune cost = 650$

DLFoust
06-11-2015, 06:56 AM

Sent from me

Does anyone know what problems they had with the Queen flash ?

Hawaii Blonde
06-14-2015, 08:39 PM
Are these reflashes available for my 700? A few extra ponies would be nice now and then!

Beer Mod
06-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Does anyone know what problems they had with the Queen flash ?

Mark Queen has a stellar reputation and I'm sure this was an isolated incident. There is no doubt in my mind that he made it right with the customer.

G Billy
06-14-2015, 08:54 PM
I have only seen one negative with queen...and a ton of positive. .All of us no being in customer service the negative goes alot further unfortunately. . Queen will b my choice... just my opinion. .Like anything its your money and your choice.

LBR
06-14-2015, 10:06 PM
Are these reflashes available for my 700? A few extra ponies would be nice now and then!

Your 700 can be hopped up for sure, but your ECU (computer) doesn't fall into this reflashing catagory they are referring to. You CAN get a modified ignition box that will change timing a little, raise the RPMS, etc. that makes a LITTLE bit of performance difference tho....hope this helps

crazywatson
06-14-2015, 10:23 PM
Don't be giving people false hopes Lance! Lol

5150George
06-15-2015, 06:08 AM
I have only seen one negative with queen...and a ton of positive. .All of us no being in customer service the negative goes alot further unfortunately. . Queen will b my choice... just my opinion. .Like anything its your money and your choice.

How true this is .

Bedo
06-15-2015, 06:34 AM
The thing that I have heard many times from people that have had a re flash done is that they didn't like the poor gas mileage the got after the re flash

DLFoust
06-15-2015, 04:14 PM
One question I have is does a re flash do use people that ride on the trails any good or is it more for the sand guys ?

Beer Mod
06-15-2015, 06:13 PM
One question I have is does a re flash do use people that ride on the trails any good or is it more for the sand guys ?

My question to you is, are you happy with the power you have now?

Octane Toy Box
07-16-2015, 07:12 PM
I see this started a few weeks ago, but we have sold Evolution reflashes to Mavericks, Maverick turbos, XP 1000 and Wildcats. They have all performed very well in all terrain and riding style. Our 2 sponsored racers run them in short course duty and my friends and I have them in sand and trail riding. Work awesome!

Hit me up for details.

425-505-3573
Sales@octanetoybox.com

johnnycat8
07-16-2015, 09:59 PM
im friends with mark queen but ...yes their has been some problems on some ecu's that didnt work after the flash, mark has fixed most but it took quiet some time for this. also many have said that on their stock 1000 even with a pipe they didnt notice anything at all some did gain top speed with the rpm limit raised and also some were real happy .... so their you go the good bad all in one post.... mark is well known and has built some crazy fast stuff but some times when reflashing one or two just dont work... i know when he reflases he does a bunch at a time so make your own opinion on if you want it done.... to me a stock sxs i wouldnt do it. hopped up i would deffinatly do it.

and in easy speak the reflash changes the stock program limits and makes changes to timing curve....fuel....rpm and many many things that are just to hard to explaine its like putting a programer on your car yo gain some small hp but the 5 to 8 hp is a small amount most wont feel its more for modified motors that bennifit from this.

Hawaii Blonde
07-18-2015, 10:20 PM
Your 700 can be hopped up for sure, but your ECU (computer) doesn't fall into this reflashing catagory they are referring to. You CAN get a modified ignition box that will change timing a little, raise the RPMS, etc. that makes a LITTLE bit of performance difference tho....hope this helps

Thank you! I saw that ignition box online for my 700 and will probably get one pretty soon.