PDA

View Full Version : Loud clutch sqeeling noise coming out of new secondary vent.

Lennart
05-29-2015, 12:30 PM
Put in dalton clutch kit and new gates belt after I cooked my original belt after 1200 miles ,also did the lock up mod everything is working fine but the squeeling at slow speed is louder. it was there before but now it is much louder has anyone relocated the vent to another place besides behind the drivers seat .

Mavmann
06-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Check your lock up again, lots of failures there

Lennart
06-01-2015, 12:56 PM
The noise of the belt was there after the recall was done on the secondary a lot of it is where the vent is located ,I will check the mod I had it installed 2 weeks before all these problems came up I didn't know if the gates belt made more noise or not, it gets quieter once you get going over 15 mph. I ride windrock and I ride with rzrs so we go slow a lot and I ride along ways from the truck sometimes in another county thanks in advance for the help

Mavmann
06-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Did you clean the sheaves good after 'cooking ' your belt. I blew my belt last weekend and and after installing the new belt on the trail it started sqealing. When I got it home I took it all apart and cleaned it with scotch brite. Also scuffed the sides of the belt because I could see where the rubber from the old belt was beginning to impregnate into the belt. That took care of the squealing.

Ed Harvey
06-01-2015, 10:43 PM
I lost a belt this weekend no noises but peaces kept coming form somewhere like magic I thought I had it all cleaned out banged on all the tubes cleaned everything . I even drove it around with the cover off. But put the cover on and magic more peaces had to do this 4 dam times .

LBR
06-01-2015, 11:50 PM
Sorry to here that Ed...was it Sunday that you lost it? BTW, great seeing you again since Cinco De Mayo!

crazywatson
06-02-2015, 09:05 AM
I lost a belt this weekend no noises but peaces kept coming form somewhere like magic I thought I had it all cleaned out banged on all the tubes cleaned everything . I even drove it around with the cover off. But put the cover on and magic more peaces had to do this 4 dam times .
When I blow a belt I clean as best I can. Once the new belt is on I keep the cover off and Rev it up in park. This opens the secondary and gets out pieces that may be wedged in there.

Ed Harvey
06-02-2015, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the info i'll try that next time pulling that cover is a pain in the ass.